+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

As far as allergies, my IgE panel is off the charts. There are certain ingredients in cheap sunscreens and sunscreen-enhanced moisturizers and makeups that make me break out in hives when exposed to the sun. Any face- or eye-makeup with added fragrance will make my face blotchy and swollen.

I've had good luck with Almay (mascara and eye shadow), Yves Rocher (their hypoallergenic line of skincare, as well as their eye makeup), Clinique (BB Cream: water-and sweat-proof tinted moisturizer with SPF30 sunscreen great for living in SoCal with a job that has me working outside most of the day), and Laroche-Posay (sunscreen for face and body).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just FYI, and in case you want to learn some information, I finally did a bra measurement on myself (since it's said that most of us are wearing the wrong bra size), I took a measurement that "told" me how to get my right size, and definitely got a different size than I been wearing! It was simple, and pointed me in the better direction! I finally have a bra that FITS!! I got mine off of ehow.com. It makes all of the difference in the world! Of course I won't be telling the size that I found (too many strange people skulking around), but the right bra size has definitely made the difference! My shirts totally fit differently! I could have been doing this YEARS ago!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are stores that will measure you and help you find the right bra size now. Even Lane Bryant provides that service now, along with higher end department stores. Probably not Kohl's, but Nordstrom for sure, and maybe even Macy's.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had it done in a store, and things still didn't work out in my favor. We don't all, necessarily read and understand things the same way. After following the simple directions on line, I finally got to where I needed to be, and I didn't have to go to the inconvenience/embarrass myself by dealing with somebody who, evidently didn't know what I had learned/understood what I had. I did my measurements and, as Emeril would say "BAM! Went to the store, and it was like night and day.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You're right - it all depends on the person wielding the tape measure! I was lucky to have a knowledgeable person measuring me and I knew the instant I put on the right size that it was the RIGHT size.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Heh...I was in a lingerie store a few years ago buying a bra and a very young sales person came up to me, looked me up and down and told me I was holding the wrong size. This was before she even pulled off her tape measure from around her neck. I didn't believe her at first - I admit because she was so young I didn't think she knew anything about bra sizes for the middle-aged. Well, damned if she wasn't right. She also said fittings should be re-done every few years as our bodies do change. $#I&*! gravity.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Gravity, weight gain, weight loss...it all plays a part.

Well, after going to at least half a dozen stores looking for upholstery cleaner, I finally gave up trying to find the Woolite and bought some made by Resolve. Poppy Fields, I hope you're right! I found other brands, but some were REALLY expensive (especially for something that I didn't know would work) and others were brands I'd never heard of. I took a chance. I could have bought the Woolite and had it shipped, but that seems like a ridiculous thing to pay to have shipped, especially since it costs less than $5.

I just had one session with one arm of the chair and it's definitely pulling dirt out. I just can't see what the progress really is since it's still wet. I'm sure it will take multiple sessions, but I'm hopeful. I could kick myself for not using my parents' steam cleaner on it when I was visiting them for a week before I brought the chair home! My mom said the same kind of thing - they had someone come in and steam clean their sofas and didn't even think to include the chair (it was in the garage at that point). Oh well, I think it should be fine with a little bit (or a LOT) of elbow grease.

There was a woman on Oprah years ago who was a bra expert or something and she said women should get re-measured and buy new bras every 6 months. Please. Like I can afford to spend that much money every year or less. Maybe when you're a B cup, it's not a big deal, but I pay at least $40 per bra, unless I can find them on sale, which is rare. It reminded me of when I used to read computer mags and one had a story about when you should upgrade your machine and when you should just replace it. Replacing came at maybe a year. Yeah, right. In a perfect world.

Everytime I have been measured I end up with bras that don't fit me right without fail. I'm most comfortable in a D cup and I get measured and suddenly am having to be like an F cup with these GIANT sidewalls and a small army of hooks up the back. What inevitably happens regardless of bra is that I have a TON of extra fabric in the cups, boobs flopping everywhere wear and this uncomfortable thign where the latch part and the sidewalls are collapsing in on themselves and folding in half if not more. So I'm yanking and tugging and trying to not feel like I'm some young girl who forgot to stuff her bra that day.

I buy bras by what fits now. The other reality is that there is no standard from one bra manufacturer to another. I can get a generous 38 C in one brand and then go to Fredericks and all of a sudden have to buy a 42 DD to fit. And another one a 40 D. I always try on bras and make notes about which styles and sizes fit me best from each brand I decide I like.

The Little Housewife in me is Crazy about Resolve!
    Always having pets really requires a good cleaner and Resolve has never let me down.

+ Reply to Thread