+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

A Room of Requirement would be great! I could put so much stuff in there that I don't have closet space for.

I'm late on the bra discussion...it isn't pretty but I swear by this one Enell Sports Bras I wear it everyday and I need a size 4 I used to have big gauges in my shoulders from the weight of my boobs pulling thin straps into my shoulder tissue. My doctor noticed it and told me it was at the point of tissue damage. The divots are still there but not as bad and the new bra has a thicker strap that balances out the weight. I wear the sports kind every day and am debating getting the lite one but I am just so happy with this one that I don't know if I should bother.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Thanks for the link, tbamom! I'm very interested in getting a new bra and might just try the Enell.

It's hard shopping for bras online. I wish more of the bras mentioned in this thread were available in stores in my area so I could take a look at them and possibly try them on before buying. You don't want to spend $30+ on a bra only to find it's the wrong size or isn't going to work for you.

My favorite stain removal product - is Woolite Oxy Deep

I have used it on everything from carpet stains to even tough laundry stains and keep several bottles around the house. My dog had some stomach/bowel issues a few years ago and had many many many accidents on various carpets. Today, there is only one you can still see and I blame that on the fact that it was bile vomit on a frieze carpet. If you try it, do spot test first and allow it to have a good 10 minute sit/soak on the stain you are trying to remove.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Thanks for the link, tbamom! I'm very interested in getting a new bra and might just try the Enell.

It's hard shopping for bras online. I wish more of the bras mentioned in this thread were available in stores in my area so I could take a look at them and possibly try them on before buying. You don't want to spend $30+ on a bra only to find it's the wrong size or isn't going to work for you.
    the only thing is that it has a ton of hook closures up the front. It is easy to get off but if you have any dexterity issues it might be a challenge.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I have had good luck removing stains from laundry and carpet with OxiClean, and their website says it can be used on upholstery as well.

My niece spent a week here a couple of years back and she pulled out a half set bowl of red jello, brought it to me to see if it was ready yet, and ended up spilling some on my baby blue carpet. I rented a rug doctor and it didn't touch the stain. A couple of months later we bought a Bissel steam cleaner and it got a lot of it up but not all of it. Then I bought the Woolite cleaner for it and after about 8 months of looking at that awful stain, the Woolite cleaned it right up. Not a trace of it to be found. I haven't used another brand since.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    ^Inthegarden, The brand is "Simply Spray"; I checked the can, and it lists a website simplyspray dot com (which I just looked at and it has lots of info and ideas). I found it at Hobby Lobby, so I'd bet any of the chain craft stores would carry it.
    Thank you! I'll look for it the next time I'm in Hobby Lobby.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had fabulous experiences with OxyClean getting red soda pop and red wine completely out of my carpet. I am fully on board with OxyClean products, based on how they are designed to work. It's basic science 101, and it makes total sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I made an oxyclean paste get a rid of blue ball point pen ink out of a white carpet I had when the old dog chewed it and smeared it everywhere. Took a few tries but eventually worked. Honestly sometimes if it wasn't a major issue I'd just dilute some bissel floor cleaner and hand clean it and rinse it.

Pre-bissel it wasn't unheard of for me to get a bucket of water and dilute some cleaner in it and give an old chair a good scrub and then suck the liquid out with shop vac while rinsing. Messier than all get out but worked (actually I did that at my ex and we had some SMALL apartments so buying extra wasn't an option).

Though I have to say if it's between a bissel and reupholstering professionally the $90 is going to be much cheaper than the $400 for a redo on the chair. Even doing it yourself the price for the fabric and supplies would be pushing close to a cleaner. It's really not that hard to do a chair. Once you get it down to the bones it's all very logical from there on out. I do my kitchen chairs with some regularity as my mood changes and I want a new style.

+ Reply to Thread