+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    ... lululemon TaTa Tamer...
    Okay, I'd buy that one just for the name!
    (...wondering if they make 'em in hard-to-find 38DDD...)
    Why, of COURSE I look fabulous; I'm wearing a lululemon TaTa Tamer!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm ample chested and found I can modify a $8 bra from Walmart to fit my needs (I take the bones out) for my "work" bra. I don't do sleep bras. I find anything like a sports bra won't work for me in general (and forget those shirts with built in "bras").

For fun bras I shop pretty much exlusively from Fredericks of Hollywood honestly. They come in bigger cup sizes and there's a wide variety. For awhile these were my daily bras too but I was too hard on them to keep doing that at that price. I find them very comfortable and comparatively priced to any other big chest bra (which seem to be almost universally prohibitively expensive these days).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There's one type of bra that Lane Bryant carries that is pretty much the only one that fits me. They have to special order it for me because I need a smaller band size than they normally carry (36), but they ship to my house for free, so it's a good deal. I find a lot of the bras at LB kind of alarming with those padded cups all hanging on the wall. Really, if the bra is that big, why all the padding?
    I thought that too but one time I went shopping with a friend and she urged me to try on a padded bra and I was pleasantly surprised by how much support it gave me. It was at Lane Bryant where I got those bras.

I used to shop at Lane Bryant quite a bit. They were great when I first discovered them! I liked their jeans. They fit me better than jeans I got at regular stores and were better quality so they lasted longer. Unfortunately, the Lane Bryant near me turned to such hoochie clothing years ago I stopped shopping there. I don't want to wear pants that show the top of my underwear or tops where my boobs or belly button are out. I haven't been there for awhile so I don't know if they ever went back to decent clothes for regular people.

lululemon TaTa Tamer!
    That brand sounds like it made by someone with a stutter. Is that the Porky Pig lingerie line?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    ...Is that the Porky Pig lingerie line?
    No, it's the line for ladies with bodacious tatas.
    Ellen likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good upholstery cleaner? My parents gave me a chair that they have had for at least 40 years and, although it's been re-upholstered at least twice, it needs it again. Unfortunately, I can't afford to reupholster it and even a slip-cover isn't in the budget right now. The fabric just has the usual stains from oils in skin and it looks, as my mother would say, pretty disreputable.

I wanted the chair because it's just SO well made. Really sturdy. Not like the crummy armchairs you find in the stores now.
    I think it can be brought back with a little TLC, but I don't want to use a cleaning product on it that will make things worse.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe you should drop by a bookstore and browse her new book "I Brake for Yard Sales"? I'm guessing you might find some very helpful hints there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a good upholstery cleaner? My parents gave me a chair that they have had for at least 40 years and, although it's been re-upholstered at least twice, it needs it again. Unfortunately, I can't afford to reupholster it and even a slip-cover isn't in the budget right now. The fabric just has the usual stains from oils in skin and it looks, as my mother would say, pretty disreputable.

I wanted the chair because it's just SO well made. Really sturdy. Not like the crummy armchairs you find in the stores now.
    I think it can be brought back with a little TLC, but I don't want to use a cleaning product on it that will make things worse.
    If hand wipes or soap and water won't clean it, I've had good luck with Resolve. I know you know this but whatever you use, do a test clean underneath.
    A nice throw used strategically works too.

Woolite makes a good fabric cleaner.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Late to the party but I use my bissell little green machine to clean dirty furniture. Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Late to the party but I use my bissell little green machine to clean dirty furniture. Works well.
    Unfortunately, that's not in my budget and it wouldn't fit in my tiny house even if I could afford to buy something like that. The chair was free, so if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd just get it reupholstered!

I'm going to check out the Woolite upholstery cleaner. I read a lot of recommendations for it online. Resolve is what ruined my parents' carpet, so I wouldn't ever buy one of their products.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread