+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    My daughter has the same kind of problem, Elle. She likes the Neutrogena Oil Free Spray. It doesn't have that icky sunblock smell.
    Neutrogena Oil Free Spray

Neutrogena also makes Sensitive skin sunblock. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock

Coppertone has a new one out that I have tried in the store (Endless Summer Ultra Sheer), it has no greasy feel, smells non-sunblocky, and comes in a variety of SPF's

Coppertone Ultrasheer Sunblock

I plan on buying that as soon as I finish my bottle of Barbie Kids Sunscreen I use sunscreen every day on my face (before I put on SPF makeup), my neck and my arms and hands. I may be a Grammy...but I don't want to look like one!!
    Thanks, KaiCee.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the help dagwood and duxxy- I'll check them out next time I go to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I have really oily/acne prone/sensitive skin and it gets worse in the summer time. Can anyone recommend a light, oil-free, SPF15 moisturizer?
    I, too, have really sensitive skin, and resist sunscreen on my face (too oily feeling) I've tried a lot of products, and found Neutrogena Pore Refining Cream, SPF 15, Daily Moisturizer - 1 oz the best of the best. No need to apply additional sunscreen (just use a regular moisturizer in the morning) and also helps refine pores, reducing oily skin/acne, makes my skin look great.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by MarksLove
    I, too, have really sensitive skin, and resist sunscreen on my face (too oily feeling) I've tried a lot of products, and found Neutrogena Pore Refining Cream, SPF 15, Daily Moisturizer - 1 oz the best of the best. No need to apply additional sunscreen (just use a regular moisturizer in the morning) and also helps refine pores, reducing oily skin/acne, makes my skin look great.
    Thanks, MarksLove.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Does anyone know of a really good antiperspirant? I sweat a bunch and it's quite nasty.
    I once read a recommendation for Mitchum for women and decided to try this one out & it works great. It has a real subtle scent, leaves NO white residue at all & at least for me it seems to work really good. I'm not going back to anything else :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Does anyone have shampoo recommendations? Are there shampoos that actually do restore your hair like they say in the commercials?
    Has anyone tried that Infusium 23 that they advertise on TV?

I'm currently using Garnier Fructis & I'm VERY very happy with it, I absolutely love it, but I'm just wondering if there are any other hot shampoo tips of shampoos that work like they're supposed to...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I use the Infusium 23 off and on Tig...it has a habit of leaving a buildup on my hair so I alternate it with the Garnier Fructis actually. I can go about a week at a time using either one and then I swap back to the other. Actually though I got the new line by Suave a couple of weeks ago, I believe it's called Salon Professionals and it's done really really good for me so far. They have several types but I got the Awapuhi (oh however you spell thta crazy name!) one and so far so good, but I'll have to let you know later if it actually ends up working longterm. Normally I don't do Suave shampoos but figured what the heck, it was so cheap that even if it doesn't work it's not much of a loss.

Well, my hair a bit "poofy" once it dries after I wash it. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for that. Thanks!
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I finally found a new facial moisturizer that I really like.
    It's called Nivea Q10 plus. I paid $11.97 at Walmart. It's a little heavier than any creams I have used before, this one promises to diminish wrinkles - I haven't been using it long enough to see any difference.. but then again I don't have wrinkles
    update: I've been using this cream for 2 months now and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with it!! My face has never felt so fresh and soft.

The wrinkle situation is still the same - the lines that I do have - have not deepened but they also havent lessened at all.

I recommend this product... and the pot I have is only about half finished so $12 for 4 months of moisturizer is very affordable.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Well, my hair a bit "poofy" once it dries after I wash it. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for that. Thanks!
    Kiehl's silk groom, takes away any poofiness, or frizzes, and makes your hair shiny and slick, without a goopy feel. It's expensive, but a little goes a long way.

+ Reply to Thread