+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4148582;
    Yes, we love microfiber cloths. They clean mirrors really well. I don't even use windex or anything anymore. Streak free is much easier with a microfiber. They just pick up the dirt. They're really good on frig door handles too and any surfaces that are grainy like those can be. The microfiber just gets into the surfaces like nothing I've ever tried.
    Really? I'm definitely trying that! I have the hardest time with those handles.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4150209;
    Really? I'm definitely trying that! I have the hardest time with those handles.
    Those are just terrible to get clean, but I've tried the magic erasers and that worked pretty good, but nothing worked as well as a microfiber and hot water. I would recommend a "grittier" weave on the microfiber. Not a tight weave like you would use on glass, but a looser one that will have a better grip to get into the handle. Let me know if it works for you.

I bought a product at the flea market while vacationing in Florida (wish I was there now instead of this 10 degree weather) called mystreakfreecloths, its also microfibre for windows and mirrors, its just amazing. Maybe its the same thing that Poppy and just are referring to? You wet it with warm water, and wipe down windows and mirrors. You don't use any windex or cleaner of any kind. Somehow the cleanliness lasts a lot longer, you don't have to clean as often. You toss it in the laundry, no fabric softener. They have a mop as well, I'll have to buy that the next time I go. They have a website, just add the .com to the name.

GuardianAngel, I have no idea how they compare. I just bought a set from Walmart for $5, it came with a whole bunch of cloths in it. I found it in the auto section for that price. I think they are more in the cleaning section.

I love your cleaning tips justCoz. Thank you!
    They have changed the formula for the Dish washing packets. They now contain Enzymes. They recommend not prerinsing your dishes, but scraping and put in the dish washer. The food left on the dishes activate the Enzymes and you get cleaner dishes.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-18-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4152469;
    I love your cleaning tips justCoz. Thank you!
    They have changed the formula for the Dish washing packets. They now contain Enzymes. They recommend not prerinsing your dishes, but scraping and put in the dish washer. The food left on the dishes activate the Enzymes and you get cleaner dishes.
    Thank you! Glad to know the last 6 years of cleaning houses have been good for something other than a paycheck

Thanks for the tip about the dishwashers too. I haven't rinsed mine because the instructions in my info specifically said that it was unnecessary but knowing it's better formulated for it is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4150512;
    Those are just terrible to get clean, but I've tried the magic erasers and that worked pretty good, but nothing worked as well as a microfiber and hot water. I would recommend a "grittier" weave on the microfiber. Not a tight weave like you would use on glass, but a looser one that will have a better grip to get into the handle. Let me know if it works for you.
    I'm such a sucker for new cleaning items so I just ordered some microfiber cloths after reading about them here. Never knew they existed. Thanks, FORT-ers!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4153601;
    I'm such a sucker for new cleaning items so I just ordered some microfiber cloths after reading about them here. Never knew they existed. Thanks, FORT-ers!
    You will love them. No cleaning products are necessary when dusting or cleaning glass. When you wash them don't use fabric softener.

I got a bunch of those cloths from a specialty catalog before they became available in stores and they really do work (even if you accidentally put one in the wash with fabric softener). I keep one in the car for when the inside windshield fogs up. No more streaky hand wipes. Also good for dusting down the vinyl.
    Count your blessings!

No rinsing dishes? What will they think of next!!!

I had to get a new washer (believe me that's the last thing I wanted to get) After shopping all over the place, I just wanted a normal washer, however most sales people convinced me the newer front load ones are much better. So back to the drawing board, I started searching the new front loaders which I knew nothing about. The savings in water and electricity were a pretty big issue. I decided to get one. After all that research I still had no idea how little water it actually uses. I stood there and watched a whole load being washed. How can your laundry possibly be clean with this type of method, I don't know but it is.

Apparently the one who invented them, says the gravity is what pulls the dirt away. The inside looks and acts more like a dryer, it tumbles. It will take some getting used too, especially the little song it plays when its done.

I'd be interested in hearing from others who have this type of washer.

+ Reply to Thread