+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

I finally found a new facial moisturizer that I really like.
    It's called Nivea Q10 plus. I paid $11.97 at Walmart. It's a little heavier than any creams I have used before, this one promises to diminish wrinkles - I haven't been using it long enough to see any difference.. but then again I don't have wrinkles

What I liked is that it didn't feel thick and greasy and I didn't break out when I switched to the Q10 .. and I always breakout when I switch to a new product.

Something else I can highly recommend:
    Flexitol Heel and Foot Balm - you can find it in the diabetic part of the pharmacy usually. I paid $9.96 CDN at Walmart. I don't wear shoes if I don't have to and I only wear flip flops as long as there isn't any snow - so my feet are very dry and cracked - this stuff fixed up my feet in 2 weeks (as the product promises)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just found this thread and love it. Thanks everyone for putting in their two cents.

I have tried Crest White Strip Premium. It made my tooth very sensitive that I had to stop using it and ended up throwing $30.00 away.

I have really oily/acne prone/sensitive skin and it gets worse in the summer time. Can anyone recommend a light, oil-free, SPF15 moisturizer?

Elle, if you know someone selling Avon, they have great tinted SPF 15 moisturizers that feel like a non-greasy lotion rather than sunscreen or foundation.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Elle, I like Oil of Olay. It's SPF 15, I think. But I'm not sure it's light enough, or non-oily enough, for you.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Does anyone know of a really good antiperspirant? I sweat a bunch and it's quite nasty.

I have also tried Crest White Strips My teeth were a little yellow after getting my braces off, so I figured I'd just use them instead of getting it professionally done. After 14 days, almost no difference. Probably because I don't drink coffee, wine, or soda that would stain my teeth, but I still expected them to get a few shades whiter.

pinkie I use AridXXX dry and I have no complaints - it works very well and no odor
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I don't know where this belonged, so I thought I would place it here. I got this pillow type thing from linens N things. It is a copy of the Brookstone's FOM. It is really comfy and can almost be used as a sleeping pillow. I highly reccomend them.

Here is Linens N things copy version: http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1760750
    Here is Brookstones verion: http://www.brookstone.com/shop/ensem...pe=subcategory

There is a $10.00 difference between the two, with the Linen's one being cheaper, though they are basically the same thing.

Thanks, hepcat & Lucy.

Lucy, I am using Oil of Olay Complete all day SPF15 moisturizer right now. I like it so far and have only one complain. It doesn't absorb as quick as I would like it to. I heard the new SPF30 Olay complete moisturizer absorbs much better. The only problem is that it is not oil-free. Thank you for the recommendation.

hapcat, I don't know any Avon lady but I think I can get Avon products in my local mall. I will check the product you mentioned next time I go there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Does anyone know of a really good antiperspirant? I sweat a bunch and it's quite nasty.
    I love Lady Speed Stick...my sister used to sweat badly, too. She used regular Speed Stick and loved it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I have really oily/acne prone/sensitive skin and it gets worse in the summer time. Can anyone recommend a light, oil-free, SPF15 moisturizer?
    My daughter has the same kind of problem, Elle. She likes the Neutrogena Oil Free Spray. It doesn't have that icky sunblock smell.
    Neutrogena Oil Free Spray

Neutrogena also makes Sensitive skin sunblock. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock

Coppertone has a new one out that I have tried in the store (Endless Summer Ultra Sheer), it has no greasy feel, smells non-sunblocky, and comes in a variety of SPF's

Coppertone Ultrasheer Sunblock

I plan on buying that as soon as I finish my bottle of Barbie Kids Sunscreen I use sunscreen every day on my face (before I put on SPF makeup), my neck and my arms and hands. I may be a Grammy...but I don't want to look like one!!
    Last edited by KaiCee; 06-23-2004 at 10:49 PM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread