+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I have an 8-yr old Frigidaire smooth top that I love, love, love. I have yet to see any scratches or cracks. I also use Cerama Bryte and it works great.

Gutmutter - to use my oven I push the Bake button and the screen displays - - -. I then push a button with an UP arrow and the temp increases starting @ 350.

Columbia - I'm jealous. Your oven sounds awesome!

If I want to bake something I take it to work, give it to my prep cook and say "Make this for me please" and it's ready to take home when I leave work.

Mine's a Frigidaire and your instructions seem like the best fit, daddyzgirl. Part of the problem is that the upper row of buttons have lost most of the information off of them. Good to know that one of them is probably "cancel" and not "cancer". (Been there, done that) The burners have dials, the oven apparently works with the buttons, but there is a switch that says, "Speed Bake". Anyone want to clue me in on that?
    Count your blessings!

FoRTer

Guttmutter, ...Speed Bake?... sounds like it has a convection oven option.

Buttons with no clear labels sound tricky. If you can locate the model#, maybe you can download a guide/manual here.

Call me stupid, but where on the oven would the model # be?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4075022;
    Call me stupid, but where on the oven would the model # be?
    I must be a good friend; I just walked down and up a flight of stairs to find this info. If you open the storage drawer under the oven, you should find a paste-on label with the model number and the serial number. You might have to get down on the floor to read it. There's also an 800# on there for questions (which will unfortunately be answered by someone with an accent who you can hardly understand).

You DO have a convection oven. To use that you set the temperature about 25 degrees lower and cut the cooking time by about 30 percent. It takes some fooling to get it right, and you have to cook the food uncovered so the circulating air can get to it. That will be $50 for the service call.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;4074730;
    Columbia - I'm jealous. Your oven sounds awesome!

Yes, it is awesome. However, it was so stinky hot here all summer I hardly ever turned it on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4074762;
    If I want to bake something I take it to work, give it to my prep cook and say "Make this for me please" and it's ready to take home when I leave work.
    No fair Unk... wait... Mr. ING does that to me...

A word of warning this Holiday season, make sure that you are being charged the correct sales tax.

I was just going over my receipts and found that a national retail chain store charged me 1/4% too much. Now, for my purchase that amounted to just pennies, but could really add up for large purchases. The franchise owner has three stores, one here in my town and two in the next county over. The other county has the higher sales tax.

I phoned and as there wasn't a manager there at the time, talked to two different clerks. Both gave me the same song, "We don't enter the sales tax, the register does it automatically. But if you bring us your sales slip we'll be glad to look at it and refund the difference." I'm not sure I got through to them that their registers were wrong and needed to be reprogrammed.

This store changed franchise owners this summer and the problem probably started then. I'm going to have to go over my old receipts now.

I really wish it was the law that stores had to print on their receipts what tax rate they are charging. Grrrr.....
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

It may only be .25% more but that's pure profit in their pocket. We pay so much tax in Ontario, 13% on almost anything you buy or any service you get, from hair cuts to legal fees, if that ever happened here, there would be a revolt on the premier's door step.

Good for you for calling them. I'd be all over them on that.

+ Reply to Thread