+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

FORT Fogey

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Regarding the posts above on customer service: It is sad to say that it is almost non-existent in this day and age.

I worked in customer service (insurance) for a long time and if I treated my clients the way customers are treated today, my boss would have thrown me out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4023733;
    Not to brag, but I'm always getting free stuff plus apologies when I register complaints and, inevitably, I get much better service the next time I patronize their business (I always remind them of what I had been through, previously!) My son always says, "There you go writing letters, again!"

I always remind "Sonnyboy" that it works for me!
    We were asked "what would it take to make you happy" and we told them! It only amounts to about $1000.00 and when you add in days off from work, days without the truck, inconvenience of taking the truck to the shop multiple times, as well as it being unusable to its full capacity without a backseat, well, it might be a lot more than that. It's been over 80 days now since Day 1. We’ve been loyal customers for 6 years and when we needed a collision center/body shop, we never hesitated to take the truck to the dealership where we bought it because we thought they would do the best job. Hopefully, they will want to keep a good reputation as well as a loyal customer in the end.

Regarding the "hot stones."
    I can't comment directly on the kit that you're referencing, however I can relate the experience one of my friends had - at a spa. The spa is a very expensive, high end one on the WC.
    The licensed therapist there gave her a hot stone massage.
    My friend suffered extreme burns and pain, as a result.
    I would proceed very cautiously on anything to do with "hot stones."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4023733;
    Not to brag, but I'm always getting free stuff plus apologies when I register complaints and, inevitably, I get much better service the next time I patronize their business (I always remind them of what I had been through, previously!) My son always says, "There you go writing letters, again!"

I always remind "Sonnyboy" that it works for me!
    Shay, I'm with you and have been doing the same for years.
    I've gone to the Contractors License Board, Better Business Bureau, Peer Review for Dentists, etc. and have always gotten my complaints resolved very well.
    I've also gotten free coupons from numerous companies, etc. when I've been dissatisfied with products.
    I also feel that's it important, also, to write back when the complaint has been resolved and / or I've gotten good service from someone. That really helps. Too often, companies only hear about problems. They need to know when things are done right, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And it seems to be more effective if your complaint is in writing. Nothing like creating a paper trail.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw a small conversation about Magic Jack on here about a year ago...has anyone else tried it since then?
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4024027;
    We were asked "what would it take to make you happy" and we told them! It only amounts to about $1000.00 and when you add in days off from work, days without the truck, inconvenience of taking the truck to the shop multiple times, as well as it being unusable to its full capacity without a backseat, well, it might be a lot more than that. It's been over 80 days now since Day 1. We’ve been loyal customers for 6 years and when we needed a collision center/body shop, we never hesitated to take the truck to the dealership where we bought it because we thought they would do the best job. Hopefully, they will want to keep a good reputation as well as a loyal customer in the end.
    And they don't care to have us return as customers or make us happy. They are offering nothing other than the rental car reimbursement which they promised way back when the stuff started going wrong back in late June. That is neither an incentive or a compensation because at this point (90 days), we shouldn't be needing rental cars or continuing to have to take the truck in. UGH! I have contacted Ford Motor Company's Customer Relationship Department and let them know of a blog I am writing to forward to my 730 Facebook friends and 330 Twitter followers and they are happy to look it over before I do. I've also contacted a news station here in town. We'll see if anything comes of it. By the way, have to take the truck in tomorrow because the seat is STILL not completed!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4033752;
    And they don't care to have us return as customers or make us happy. They are offering nothing other than the rental car reimbursement which they promised way back when the stuff started going wrong back in late June. That is neither an incentive or a compensation because at this point (90 days), we shouldn't be needing rental cars or continuing to have to take the truck in. UGH! I have contacted Ford Motor Company's Customer Relationship Department and let them know of a blog I am writing to forward to my 730 Facebook friends and 330 Twitter followers and they are happy to look it over before I do. I've also contacted a news station here in town. We'll see if anything comes of it. By the way, have to take the truck in tomorrow because the seat is STILL not completed!
    You can also post a blog here under your profile, so that's many more viewers for your complaint!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4033775;
    You can also post a blog here under your profile, so that's many more viewers for your complaint!
    Thanks! I forgot all about the blog feature here even though I've used it in the past! I wonder if I can link back to it here and people can read it here if they want. I am working on a Posterious blog and waiting on my English Major friend to review and critique it for me. I was also waiting for the truck to finally be fixed before I posted it as I didn't want the fallout to interfere with the major purpose which is to get our truck fixed and back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4034499;
    Thanks! I forgot all about the blog feature here even though I've used it in the past! I wonder if I can link back to it here and people can read it here if they want. I am working on a Posterious blog and waiting on my English Major friend to review and critique it for me. I was also waiting for the truck to finally be fixed before I posted it as I didn't want the fallout to interfere with the major purpose which is to get our truck fixed and back to us.
    I think people would have to be logged on to the FoRT to read it here.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread