+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

When an appliance dies, we should be able to rent a replacement appliance (at a reasonable rate) so that we won't have to rush on our decisions on new ones.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Re: FORTers' consumer reports/Sears Cares Escalations

My name is Marcus and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here concerning your issue with our Sears Delivery Team. We would like to help bring resolve to the issue pertaining your refrigerator delivery date being pushed back. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you donít have to continue to be impacted by bad customer service. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Poppy Fields) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Marcus C.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

Now, THIS is a good reason to be on FoRT!! This kind of thing happens all too seldom.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm skeptical. But if it turns out to be not a scam or a prank, awesome.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My antenna went up a bit, too, but I'm with you. But I'm also having a good feeling about his one.

Would just like to point out to the man making the offer that Poppy Fields was just commenting on the post made by ClosetRTWatcher who actually had the problem.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4017078;
    Would just like to point out to the man making the offer that Poppy Fields was just commenting on the post made by ClosetRTWatcher who actually had the problem.
    Thanks for catching that Gut, because I was completely confused as to why I would reference "Poppy Fields" in my e-mail!!

I may just send an e-mail, but I will reference my own screen name. I googled "Sears Cares Escalations" and it actually looks like they may have a team of people who look for negative posts from frustrated Sears customers to try and get resolution to their situations.

My news is that my situation is now resolved. I went down on Friday by myself to deal with the manager. I was SO stressed out because I really did not want to deal with this guy at all. I spent all morning thinking about my argument. Fortunately once I got there in person it wasn't so difficult. I started my discussion by calmly explaining when I purchased the fridge and outlined each delay I had experienced and then told him outright that I was REALLY ANGRY!! Then I gave him the printout of the closest alternate item that could be delivered to be immediately and pointed out that it is both slightly smaller and more expensive and that all I was asking for is the same discount I received on the original sale. (The original item I bought was marked down 33% at the time of purchase and the sales right now don't even come close). He went over and compared both items and then said he would just give me my alternate choice at the same price I paid for the original. He also handled it as a cash exchange, which was nice because I didn't have to deal with large amounts of money going in and out of my bank account. While he did give me a good deal, he was not nice, apologetic, or friendly to me. I am convinced that I impressed my anger upon him enough that he was willing to give me what I wanted simply because he wanted to get rid of me quietly - and I'm completely okay with that outcome. However, the larger discount on the more expensive refrigerator is really not enough to make up for the fact that I had to spend a full month without a standard refrigerator.

The new fridge was delivered bright and early Saturday morning - 45 minutes BEFORE my delivery window. I am just SO thankful to have convenient refrigeration again. Saturday afternoon was the first time in a month that I got to make a full trip to the grocery store!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4015565;
    When an appliance dies, we should be able to rent a replacement appliance (at a reasonable rate) so that we won't have to rush on our decisions on new ones.
    I completely agree! We were getting to the point that my husband said we should just go to a rent-to-own place and have them bring us one to rent until Sears got their act together!!

Closet - If I were you I'd be sending a letter to Sears main headquarters (or whatever you call it) and let them know how dissatisfied you are with their service and the attitude of their manager in that particular store.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Can I get someone in here from Ford Motor Company?? LOL - I am referencing my ordeal with getting our Ford F350 repaired at a dealership's body shop. long story you can find in the Talk about your Troubles thread.

+ Reply to Thread