+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

They've arrived and I'm wearing them now! When I got home and found the box on my porch, I was excited, but my daughter just returned to the states after 7 months in St. Thomas and was here to get her car. It wouldn't start and we had to deal with a tow truck, etc. so I haven't had much chance to try them out. My first impression, though, is relief that they aren't all weird and hard to balance. They have a negative heel so you can rock back and forth when standing around... and I do a LOT of standing in my classroom. The cushioning is heaven. I'll report back at lunchtime and tell you how it's going.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks for the info Gut. I had finally given in a year ago or so and purchased a pair of crocks which I thought were the most ugliest thing in the world! I wear them in the house because of a foot problem I developed. They have helped tremendously.

I also have a pair I wear outdoors only when I go for walks, but I'm intrigued with the Skechers. They seem like the perfect shoe for walking. Did you get the sandel type from the link you provided, or the running shoe type?

I got the "sandal" type I linked and I love them! The cushioning is lush and the negative heel really works the calf and thighs, but not in a way that is overly strenuous. I rock back and forth in them when I'm standing just for fun. I was going down the stairs at school at the end of the day today and thought, "Something's different here". Then I realized my knee didn't hurt!!! After having knee pain for two years from a fall down the basement stairs, to not have it is something of a miracle. I'm a little ahead financially at the moment, so I'm tempted to get them in another style.
    Count your blessings!

Okay, now I'm interested in them too. I have had knee problems for years and like you, Gut, they hurt when I'm going down stairs. I was checking them out on your link...I think I'll hit the Skechers store and try a pair on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks for the update Gut. I'm going to look for them on my trip to Florida. I love those sandal types. I would definatley wear those.

I do tend to jump on a bandwagon and gush (Kindle anyone? ) so bear with me. I wanted to wear them a few days to see how my body responded and I'm still impressed. I don't want to wear any other shoe, so I guess I need another pair for variety/airing out. The only drawback I can see for some would be that they're not delicate, fashionable shoes, but I don't wear those anyway. I don't own any shoes with heels and at size 11 with somewhat wide feet and inherited bunions, I often shop in the men's department for shoes. This time of year I tend to wear footwear without much arch support, so the incredible support and cushioning of the Shape Ups is already a benefit. Yesterday I really paid attention to the stairs and knee connection and I didn't have a single twinge at the end of the day. Normally my first act upon arriving home is to kick off my shoes, but I prefer these to going barefoot even!!! That's saying a lot for me. Of course I talked about them with my students and one student observed today, "Mrs. XXXX, you're rocking again." It's like having rocking chairs on your feet.
    Count your blessings!

Just a little warning... I was at Walmart with my Little Sister yesterday and we saw a Danskin version of Shape Ups for $25. I thought it would be great to add to my collection (3 pairs in a wide variety of styles) so I tried one on with the real Shape Up on the other foot. DON'T BUY THE DANSKIN KNOCK OFF! Where the Shape Up is soft and cushy, the Danskin is hard with an unavoidable, unstable rock. I would get hurt wearing those shoes. I can't even imagine trying to do stairs or drive a car in them.
    Count your blessings!

This is a clip of a post I made last July about the washer/dryer pair I had purchased at Sears earlier in the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3554369;
    We bought a set of LGs recently at Sears. We had a nightmarish experience with the salespeople shortly afterward because the power cable that came with the dryer was not long enough, but that is another story! We have ours stacked and it works really well for us because we have very limited space in our utility room. It is much easier to get to the water softener now! Stacking also avoids any need for those pedestals that they typically stand on if they are placed side-by-side; those things are pricey!
    I am still happy with the washer/dryer, but as I noted here we had some trouble getting them set up. The bottom line is this. When the washer/dryer were delivered they could not stack the units because electrical cord will not reach. Delivery guy tells us to call the store and tell them we need a 10 ft cord or we could choose to move our outlet. I called the store and got the runaround from the department manager. For 10 DAYS this guy told me that he was looking into where, or even if, he could get a 10 foot dryer cord for me. By that time I was completely fed up so started looking myself. It took me less than 60 seconds on Amazon to find the dryer cord I needed. I had them come back to stack the units and hook up the cord. The useless dept manager did offer to refund me the cost of the cord, but at that point it was worth it to me to just swallow the cost of the cord to not have to deal with that guy again!!!

Fast-forward to the present. Around June 28th my refrigerator broke. We had Sears come out to diagnose it because we knew we could get the diagnosis fee back our purchase if we needed to replace the unit. Turns out we did need to replace it. So on JUNE 30TH I went down an bought a refrigerator. The earliest delivery date was July 17th. Not great, but this was really the only unit that fit exactly what I needed so I figured we could deal. Within a few days they called and delayed delivery until...July 24th. A full week after the original date. We are not happy, but we're going to deal. Then, just 2 days before our new delivery date we get another call, this time delaying delivery until...July 28th, this Wednesday. At this point I call a supervisor at the delivery place AND the people at my local Sears store and inform them that if I do not have a refrigerator in my house on July 28th I will be canceling my order. Low and behold I get a call today, again 2 days before delivery delaying my order until...August 4th!! I am LIVID!! I have been living out of a cooler, mini fridge, and chest freezer for NEARLY A MONTH!!! If they couldn't deliver on this order why not tell me WEEKS ago so I could make alternate arrangements!?!?!?

Unfortunately my husband and I cannot get down to the store until Friday to cancel this order. And if they cannot give me the deal of a lifetime on a different model, I will be taking my money and going elsewhere. Either way, I will NEVER buy another major appliance from Sears again. I find it appalling, because prior to this I ALWAYS went to Sears when I was in need of a major appliance and I never had any problems with their service. Oh, and to top it off when I called the store I was told that if I was going to cancel I should either talk to the guy who sold me the refrigerator OR the same useless department manager who was there during the dryer cord episode!!

Thanks for letting me rant!!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-26-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Wow! I can't imagine living without a refrigerator for that long. I think I'd just cancel the order and go somewhere else. Good luck!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4006236;
    This is a clip of a post I made last July about the washer/dryer pair I had purchased at Sears earlier in the year.

I am still happy with the washer/dryer, but as I noted here we had some trouble getting them set up. The bottom line is this. When the washer/dryer were delivered they could not stack the units because electrical cord will not reach. Delivery guy tells us to call the store and tell them we need a 10 ft cord or we could choose to move our outlet. I called the store and got the runaround from the department manager. For 10 DAYS this guy told me that he was looking into where, or even if, he could get a 10 foot dryer cord for me. By that time I was completely fed up so started looking myself. It took me less than 60 seconds on Amazon to find the dryer cord I needed. I had them come back to stack the units and hook up the cord. The useless dept manager did offer to refund me the cost of the cord, but at that point it was worth it to me to just swallow the cost of the cord to not have to deal with that guy again!!!

Fast-forward to the present. Around June 28th my refrigerator broke. We had Sears come out to diagnose it because we knew we could get the diagnosis fee back our purchase if we needed to replace the unit. Turns out we did need to replace it. So on JUNE 30TH I went down an bought a refrigerator. The earliest delivery date was July 17th. Not great, but this was really the only unit that fit exactly what I needed so I figured we could deal. Within a few days they called and delayed delivery until...July 24th. A full week after the original date. We are not happy, but we're going to deal. Then, just 2 days before our new delivery date we get another call, this time delaying delivery until...July 28th, this Wednesday. At this point I call a supervisor at the delivery place AND the people at my local Sears store and inform them that if I do not have a refrigerator in my house on July 28th I will be canceling my order. Low and behold I get a call today, again 2 days before delivery delaying my order until...August 4th!! I am LIVID!! I have been living out of a cooler, mini fridge, and chest freezer for NEARLY A MONTH!!! If they couldn't deliver on this order why not tell me WEEKS ago so I could make alternate arrangements!?!?!?

Unfortunately my husband and I cannot get down to the store until Friday to cancel this order. And if they cannot give me the deal of a lifetime on a different model, I will be taking my money and going elsewhere. Either way, I will NEVER buy another major appliance from Sears again. I find it appalling, because prior to this I ALWAYS went to Sears when I was in need of a major appliance and I never had any problems with their service. Oh, and to top it off when I called the store I was told that if I was going to cancel I should either talk to the guy who sold me the refrigerator OR the same useless department manager who was there during the dryer cord episode!!

Thanks for letting me rant!!!
    Holy guacamole! I'm so sorry you are going through this. You couldn't make this stuff up! If it were a sitcom, no one would find it credible.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread