+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 106 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I know I'm late to the party here - but I wanted to comment on the shoe question from before. I have a job that requires me to be on my feet 8 hours a day, every day. No sitting at all. A co-worker told me about these shoes and I was hesitant at first since they are so expensive. I have spent so much money on shoes that are supposed to be so fantastic, and then been let down terribly as they are not any better than good old tennis shoes. Once I tried them on... I was SOLD. They are called Z-Coils and I paid $210 for them. Best shoes EVER. They have made such a difference - I would have paid $500.

Z-CoiLŽ Pain Relief FootwearŽ

Here's the consumer reports thread to discuss the shoes from the Klatch!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Thanks Spoose! Where did you find it? So did anyone ever end up getting the Skecher Shape Ups or the other brand equivalents? Or am I going to be the FORT guinea pig?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3890615;
    Thanks Spoose! Where did you find it? So did anyone ever end up getting the Skecher Shape Ups or the other brand equivalents? Or am I going to be the FORT guinea pig?
    My boss has the Skecher Shape Ups and she loves them. That's all I know about them. She did convince another friend to buy them though so she must be recommending them.

I was asking my team if they had ever heard of them, and our Project Math teacher said she was wearing them right then. She let me see them, told me she had lost inches off her butt and legs, said she couldn't wear other shoes all day after having those. They were her second pair.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I "hear" toning!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am so curious about owning a pair from whichever brand, but I just haven't had the heart to spend the money yet.... these reports may push me over the edge though!

When I was doing my research on the web, I found a reviewer who had done a comparison study of the different brands and Skecher Shape Ups was their top pick. The original brand was twice as expensive and the (Rebock?) brand had unstable side-to-side support. I should be getting my sandals in the mail this week. I'll report back.
    Here's a link: Amazon.com: Skechers Women's Shape Ups - Trim Step Fitness Sneaker: Shoes Scroll all the way to the bottom and read the reviews.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 05-02-2010 at 05:07 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seems like sneakers would be more stable than sandals, but I guess either one can be beneficial. I can just see me turning my ankle in those sandals, though. Not that I'm about to get either one, at this point in time, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3891912;
    When I was doing my research on the web, I found a reviewer who had done a comparison study of the different brands and Skecher Shape Ups was their top pick. The original brand was twice as expensive and the (Rebock?) brand had unstable side-to-side support. I should be getting my sandals in the mail this week. I'll report back.
    When you report back can you let us know how heavy they are? Sketchers have never struck me as a light-weight shoe so when I see this pictures I'm thinking "Of course they are toning, they look like they have a few extra pounds stashed away in that sole!" My first impression is just that I dislike the "look" of the Sketchers shoe, but if you have a good review I might have to go try some on anyway!

I decided to forgo the fitness shoes at this point and upgrade my running shoes. I have been doing some hiking/trail jogging and these fitness shoes just aren't appropriate. So far, I am very happy with the Mizuno running shoes I picked up: Womens Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Running Shoe They required zero break-in time. My first time out was a combo hike-jog approx 3 miles and they felt wonderful!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-03-2010 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread