+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    when it gets worse and moves to your face (or so I hear)

Now I have to start saving for electrolysis!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    For teeth whitening, I've seen people mention Crest Whitestrips and Rembrant, if you use these, how long does it keep your teeth white for?
    I've used Crest Whitestrips. While they worked and my teeth stayed much brighter for about 6 months, they also made my teeth incredibly sensitive to cold and hot for about a month afterward. An inhale through my mouth was all it took to induce the kind of pain usually only invoked by a popsicle. I had to be very careful every time I ate or drank something.
    Barring the pain, they do work really well.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

EGGSTRACTOR

You may have seen this on an infomercial. You put a hard-boiled egg in it and press it down and it peels the shell right off......... yeah right!
    I begged my fiancee for one..... He finally relented after telling me that it would NOT work. We mutilated about 6 hard-boiled eggs before we gave up!!!!!!! :phhht :phhht :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane

Now I have to start saving for electrolysis!
    I'm saving for cool laser hair removal! lol its about $500 (she said $1500 to do my husband's lower face)
    and the good thing about laser hair removal .. the darker the hair, the better the results.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I can heartily endorse NIght Effects for Teeth whiteneing. I used this in the past, lasted quite some time, actually - about a year until I got stressed and heavily caffeinated.

This is the one that you brush on your neeth before bedtime and then brush off inthe morning.

What was great about this, is it also got stubborn stains off, like the little brown between your teeth from heavy pepsi consumption. I just used a pick, and after two nights of this stuff it just flaked away, really great. It also didn't leave sensitivity. I got compliments on it, and am starting it again. I liked that you could control it more too, with the strips I found it was either on the gums or left a weird line (when friends tried) this you brush on yourself.

I have a question for those of you who use the Swiffer Wet on tile floors: does it get wet enough to clean the grout? I have extensive tile in my house & I hate, hate, hate, with the heat of 1000 burning suns, mopping!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I have a question for those of you who use the Swiffer Wet on tile floors: does it get wet enough to clean the grout? I have extensive tile in my house & I hate, hate, hate, with the heat of 1000 burning suns, mopping!

I have tile as well...yes, it does a very good job! However, that being said you still have to do a deep cleaning once and awhile. (You don't get out of it! but it's less frequent!) Worth the money

Cool! I'm gonna have to try this!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I've got an item to report on that I tried this weekend. It was finally time to do something about the flowerbeds in the front of our house & these flowerbeds haven't been tended to in AT LEAST 3 years...the dirt was packed like concrete & the weeds were out of control. Well, I've seen the GARDEN CLAW advertised on TV frequently & decided to give it a try and boy oh boy did it rip up the dirt! I LOVED it... if it hadn't been for the gardenclaw I'd probably still be out there, but I got the flowerbeds done in no time. Definitely a GREAT investment, your back & muscles will thank you later
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    I've used Crest Whitestrips. While they worked and my teeth stayed much brighter for about 6 months, they also made my teeth incredibly sensitive to cold and hot for about a month afterward. An inhale through my mouth was all it took to induce the kind of pain usually only invoked by a popsicle. I had to be very careful every time I ate or drank something.
    Barring the pain, they do work really well.
    Get some of the gel type flouride treatment, it'll take most of that sensitivity away.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread