+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3660329;
    Has anyone used or heard anything about the Magic Jack?

My brother uses it exclusively and loves it. He is trying to get us to switch over we're still debating it.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fan

I was at Lady Foot Locker today and saw pairs of Toning shoes. I need a good pair of shoes while I work (waitress) and thought I could kill two birds with one stone- comfortable shoes and leg toning to boot! Has anyone tried these shoes? For 100.00 a pair- I want to make sure they can be worn for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3717222;
    I was at Lady Foot Locker today and saw pairs of Toning shoes. I need a good pair of shoes while I work (waitress) and thought I could kill two birds with one stone- comfortable shoes and leg toning to boot! Has anyone tried these shoes? For 100.00 a pair- I want to make sure they can be worn for hours at a time.
    I haven't seen those but I was interested in the Skechers sneaks that make similar claims. I googled around a bit and found this:

Shoes' toning claims draw experts' doubts - CNN.com

I would really like a shoe that helped with back pain, since that's a problem for me, but this article was kind of discouraging. I'd also really like to hear about anyone's experiences with these shoes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One thing that I have learned about back pain is that it could be coming from an alignment problem with your feet. If you think about it, the feet support the legs, which lead to the hips and back. I went to the doc years ago, and they put me in orthotics (inserts for for shoes) that made all of the difference in the world for my hip and back. My initial ones were custom made and covered by insurance. I now have some that I bought at the Good Foot (Feet?) store that work extremely well, but took some serious getting used to and were not covered by insurance. It was worth the expense for the pain to be gone.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3717367;
    I haven't seen those but I was interested in the Skechers sneaks that make similar claims. I googled around a bit and found this:

Shoes' toning claims draw experts' doubts - CNN.com

I would really like a shoe that helped with back pain, since that's a problem for me, but this article was kind of discouraging. I'd also really like to hear about anyone's experiences with these shoes.
    Thank you for the link- very interesting. I decided against the toning shoes and went with a pair of New Balance instead.

I tried to do a quick search to see if this has been discussed here, but could not come up with anything. Have any of you ever tried those ion foot spas that supposedly detox and draw out heavy metals and contaminants through your feet? You know, the ones where the water turns nasty colors? I tried one after a massage yesterday and there were browns, blacks, yellows, bubbles, etc. in the nasty looking water. I did not see anything besides salt being poured into the water with the ion thingy, so I don't think the lady was trying to fool me or anything. And, if all that yuckiness doesn't come from your feet, then where is it coming from? Any comments?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I've heard of them, but never tried one. The spas in my area aren't offering them as of yet, perhaps due to cost.
    Can you tell us if your feet felt better after having the treatment. I'd be interested in knowing if there's a significant difference, as I know they're very pricey.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a friend that goes weekly for the ion thingys. She told me she feels better and has more energy but I have read that Doctor's in my area in Canada said that the machines really don't do anything? She pays 35.00 for 1/2 hour foot soak

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They make my BS meter ping.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3721208;
    I've heard of them, but never tried one. The spas in my area aren't offering them as of yet, perhaps due to cost.
    Can you tell us if your feet felt better after having the treatment. I'd be interested in knowing if there's a significant difference, as I know they're very pricey.
    My feet didn't feel much different, but the lady there said it usually takes several sessions to get most of the heavy metals and toxins out. She also said it is supposed to help your sleep, clear your sinuses, etc. etc. I got the treatment as a special with the massage - so for a one hour massage and ion foot spa it was $85 total. Just the spa alone would have cost $35. Is there ANY kind of medical basis to support the idea that negative ions can "draw" toxins from your body?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread