+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 106 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I've never heard of the Ped Egg. I'll have to google it.

I'm diabetic and I love my PedEgg. I never knew I wasn't supposed to be using it.

Sherri, it was listed in the little instructions that came with it.

I just went to their official site - Ped Egg Blades Official Site - Testimonial
    and here are the warnings listed:

WARNING

• For intended use only
    • Do not use on irritated, inflamed or infected skin, or on open wounds.
    • Do not use if you are diabetic or have poor blood circulation.
    • Do not use if metal becomes rusted, bent or damaged, injury may result.
    • Consult a physician before use if any skin conditions exist.
    • Intended for use on callused feet only, do not use on uncallused, smooth skin.
    • Seek medical attention if skin becomes severely irritated or bleeds.
    • As a personal care product, Ped Egg™ is not recommended to be shared or used by more than one person.

My mom is a type-II diabetic and she sees a podiatrist on a regular basis, maybe once a month or so. I guess diabetics can have a lot of foot problems and she sees her podiatrist for "diabetic foot care" as opposed to regular foot care.

I don't know if you see a podiatrist but, if you do, I would consult with him/her about continuing to use it.

On some unrelated thread a while back there was some discussion of old-style epilators - I think the Epilady of the 80s was mentioned as a torture device. Anyway, I had been considering trying out one of the newer style epilators as an alternative to waxing. I love waxing, but I do NOT love the cost! So a few months ago I picked up this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Sil.../dp/B000EZYKTS

I have to say, I really like it. It did take some getting used to and the first time I used it, it was definitely uncomfortable. However, this method does inhibit hair growth, so after you have used it once there is less hair to remove later and it is only mildly bothersome. You do have to let the hair grow out a bit, so I do resort to old fashioned razors for wearing shorts in the summer but I do think you can use it sooner than you would be able to have a successful waxing. For a person that cannot handle wax hair removal, I would not recommend it. But as an alternative to the recurring expense of wax removal, I think it is great!

If any of you work outside or are just outside in wet weather, cold weather or are around outside animals, try Muckster or Muck boots. After having tried and destroyed all kinds of boots and shoes, I tried these and they are nearly indestructible. You can get them wet and muddy and they keep your foot dry. I wear my boots in the winter and they keep my feet warm and dry. I have even been stepped on by calves and it didn't hurt my foot or the boot. Here is the website: Muck Boots / Muck Shoes: Waterproof Garden, Fishing, Hunting, Kids Size Available

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

1. Has anyone ever used Shout Color Catcher sheets in their laundry? I'd be interested in knowing what you think about them.

2. Does anyone put salt in with their dark clothes on first wash? I've heard that it helps to "set" the color. What about using Woolite Dark detergent for jeans, etc?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3667491;
    I've never heard of the Ped Egg. I'll have to google it.
    Oh, I love my Pedegg. It's the best thing in all of everything, as my 8 yr old would say !

[QUOTE=ClosetRTWatcher;3676538;]On some unrelated thread a while back there was some discussion of old-style epilators - I think the Epilady of the 80s was mentioned as a torture device.

Have any of you seen Smooth Away in stores in your area, yet? I've only heard good things about it. It's a mega-seller in Europe and now I know why. My neighbour used it and even showed it to me, comparing one hairy leg and one smooth leg. All she did was rub this thing around and Voila, smooth as a baby's bottom! You get 3 sizes, 1 for facial, 1 for underarms and 1 for legs. I'm getting mine on payday.

[QUOTE=Luckypants;3693030;]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3676538;
    On some unrelated thread a while back there was some discussion of old-style epilators - I think the Epilady of the 80s was mentioned as a torture device.

Have any of you seen Smooth Away in stores in your area, yet? I've only heard good things about it. It's a mega-seller in Europe and now I know why. My neighbour used it and even showed it to me, comparing one hairy leg and one smooth leg. All she did was rub this thing around and Voila, smooth as a baby's bottom! You get 3 sizes, 1 for facial, 1 for underarms and 1 for legs. I'm getting mine on payday.
    I hated it. I bought it and have not gotten very good result with it. I've even tried using it in different ways and the best I've gotten was "meh"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

1. Has anyone ever used Shout Color Catcher sheets in their laundry? I'd be interested in knowing what you think about them.
    I have used the sheets and was shocked to see color on them after washing a load of dark (mostly reds & jeans) clothes that have been washed several times before. I think they can come in handy - especially if you have lots of red & purple items since those seem to bleed the most. A tip my mom gave me - cut the sheets in half - you don't really need a whole sheet and it makes your money go further. Also - make sure not to put it the dryer.

I wanted to come in here and tell folks that yes, Mighty MendIt does in fact work. I haven't tested it in a wind tunnel yet but it is superb for repairing stuffed animals and other cloth child toy items. (no comment on the included GemIt tho' )
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread