+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3659304;
    Does anyone have an opinion about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I thought it would be handy to keep by the sink for quick kitchen cleanups. I had it about two days, and then I noticed that it was raggedy and about to fall apart. My husband had used it for some job. All I can say is, that thing isn't very sturdy! I think I should have stuck with an ordinary sponge.
    I really like them, but if your husband used it for a tough job I'm not surprised it ended up in poor condition. Unlike a sponge, they tend to disappear/dissolve as you use them - kind of like an eraser! They are really great for stuff like getting scuff marks off walls or permanent marker off of counters or tables, but I wouldn't use them in place of a regular sponge for something like washing countertops.

One time, my sister tried using a Magic Eraser on her carpet to remove what one of her daughter's had done with a marker. It may have even been a Scripto marker. The stains came out so easily, we were both rather impressed.

A few years later, she also noticed same daughter had managed to draw on one of her brand new expensive end tables. This time was definitely with a Scripto! Got out the Magic Eraser and it came right out. Did not ruin the furniture or the finish.

I have used them around the house, and they do disintergrate, but I love them. I find that they will get out some kinds of stains that other things won't.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone used or heard anything about the Magic Jack?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3660329;
    Has anyone used or heard anything about the Magic Jack?
    I have not heard about this tool specifically, but I can say that I switched to VOIP phone service thru my cable company and I have been quite satisfied with it.

I did find a very detailed accounting of one person's experience that is followed up with a lot of comments, both positive and negative. From what I read it seems like a lot of people are quite happy with how it works, but customer service may be a concern. If you're up for reading a little (or a lot), here is the link...
    Magic Jack - Not A Bad Gadget for Free Calling But Forget About Customer Service if a Billing Error is Made

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3659304;
    Does anyone have an opinion about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I thought it would be handy to keep by the sink for quick kitchen cleanups. I had it about two days, and then I noticed that it was raggedy and about to fall apart. My husband had used it for some job. All I can say is, that thing isn't very sturdy! I think I should have stuck with an ordinary sponge.
    I love them , they are great for removing soap scum from the bathtub, showers,shower doors and sinks without scratching and removing scuff marks and fingerprints from walls. I usually cut mine into two pieces to make them last longer.

Has anyone noticed how the price on petfood has risen and the pounds per bag has been reduced.

Thanks for the info about the Magic Eraser, everyone!

My in-laws use the Magic Jack and like it.

I have noticed those rising dog food prices, for sure. Why are chewie bones so darned expensive now?

I just want to let everybody know... I have converted my mother to the way of the Pedegg
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I wanted to get my mom a PedEgg, but read in the instructions that diabetics cannot use them. So that was the end of that for my mom!

Glad to hear about another PedEgg lover, SB!

FORT Regular

I love Mr Cleans Magic Eraser!! That being said they aren't sturdy at all. I use it in the bathroom. It does a great job cleaning the sink and tub. It gets pretty torn up easily though, which makes me sad since they cost more then regular sponge's.

I love the Ped Egg! It'll never replace a regular pedicure for me because I love them so much, but I like it for between pedicures.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The trick with using the PedEgg is that you have to use it with an extremely light touch. That's the live and learn curve, for us non-diabetics. I've overdone it more than once before I got the hint!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread