+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Anything I've used Oxyclean on got seriously faded (except, of course, whites).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3623820;
    That's good to know. I've never used it, but did get a sample in my new washing machine.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3623820;
    Interesting, I dont think I've ever had a fading problem with Oxyclean. I have used it on tricky stains, but I have never soaked for multiple days, but definitely for several hours. For really tough ones I usually fill up the sink and dump a bunch of the powdered Oxyclean in to dissolve and the scrub the stain really well in the solution, sometimes directly scrubbing the Oxyclean into it. I HAVE NOT ever done this with anything delicate - only to get tough stains out of kids clothes, grass/dirt stains out of sports gear, etc. Also, If you use a lot of Oxyclean I recommend using rubber gloves because it is REALLY hard on your skin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With colors, I usually prefer to use Totally Toddler. Sometimes it's quick, and sometimes it requires repeated, creative treatments, but I usually meet with success.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3623145;
    DO NOT BUY Coppertone sunscreen, any strength. It ruined three of my husband's white t-shirts, two of mine (including a not-inexpensive Nike golf shirt), my bathing suit, and one of my daughter's t-shirts. It left horrid orange (copper-coloured ) stains that are damn near impossible to remove. I haven't been home much as we've been travelling quite a bit this summer, but when I have a chance I'm going to try one more time to save my golf shirt with Shout, as I see they have a set-in stain product. I'm never using anything but Neutrogena sunscreen again, and I plan to email Coppertone or whoever manufactures it. It does say on the bottle that it "may" stain clothes but this is ridiculous - it stained every fabric it touched, from my golf shirt (a poly blend) the t-shirts (cotton) and my bathing suit (spandex blend). I'm beyond pissed. We had used both the bottle stuff and the new spray-on type, both kinds stain.
    I have used the shout gel that's for set-in stains and had very good success with it. It's taken grease stains out that went through the dryer even. It's taken out chocolate stains, which I have never been able to get out before. I recommend it.

I use Simple Green for getting out really tough and set in stains, grass, grease, chocolate, blood, etc. It is in concentrated form and you dilute it in water, but I use full concentrate for most stains. You can usually find it in the automotive section at most stores.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3625218;
    I use Simple Green for getting out really tough and set in stains, grass, grease, chocolate, blood, etc. It is in concentrated form and you dilute it in water, but I use full concentrate for most stains. You can usually find it in the automotive section at most stores.
    Me too - Simple Green is a good laundry additive especially for grass stains. I have had good luck with Goo Gone for other stains like pen or chocolate. And Goo Gone is great with sticker residue if you accidentally wash a sticker on clothes (my kids used to leave them on their tshirts).

Motorcycles
    I am looking at a 2009 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom and a 2010 Harley Davidson FXDC Super Glide Custom. I am not concerned about pricing, just if anyone knows which will require less maintenance in the long run or if someone has either and can give me a few thoughts. Both bikes fit me.
    There's no place like home!

Does anyone have an opinion about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I thought it would be handy to keep by the sink for quick kitchen cleanups. I had it about two days, and then I noticed that it was raggedy and about to fall apart. My husband had used it for some job. All I can say is, that thing isn't very sturdy! I think I should have stuck with an ordinary sponge.

Use the search this thread feature on the top right corner for "magic eraser" and you'll find about 10 posts that discuss it.

+ Reply to Thread