+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Anything I've used Oxyclean on got seriously faded (except, of course, whites).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3623820;
    That's good to know. I've never used it, but did get a sample in my new washing machine.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3623820;
    Interesting, I dont think I've ever had a fading problem with Oxyclean. I have used it on tricky stains, but I have never soaked for multiple days, but definitely for several hours. For really tough ones I usually fill up the sink and dump a bunch of the powdered Oxyclean in to dissolve and the scrub the stain really well in the solution, sometimes directly scrubbing the Oxyclean into it. I HAVE NOT ever done this with anything delicate - only to get tough stains out of kids clothes, grass/dirt stains out of sports gear, etc. Also, If you use a lot of Oxyclean I recommend using rubber gloves because it is REALLY hard on your skin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With colors, I usually prefer to use Totally Toddler. Sometimes it's quick, and sometimes it requires repeated, creative treatments, but I usually meet with success.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3623145;
    DO NOT BUY Coppertone sunscreen, any strength. It ruined three of my husband's white t-shirts, two of mine (including a not-inexpensive Nike golf shirt), my bathing suit, and one of my daughter's t-shirts. It left horrid orange (copper-coloured ) stains that are damn near impossible to remove. I haven't been home much as we've been travelling quite a bit this summer, but when I have a chance I'm going to try one more time to save my golf shirt with Shout, as I see they have a set-in stain product. I'm never using anything but Neutrogena sunscreen again, and I plan to email Coppertone or whoever manufactures it. It does say on the bottle that it "may" stain clothes but this is ridiculous - it stained every fabric it touched, from my golf shirt (a poly blend) the t-shirts (cotton) and my bathing suit (spandex blend). I'm beyond pissed. We had used both the bottle stuff and the new spray-on type, both kinds stain.
    I have used the shout gel that's for set-in stains and had very good success with it. It's taken grease stains out that went through the dryer even. It's taken out chocolate stains, which I have never been able to get out before. I recommend it.

I use Simple Green for getting out really tough and set in stains, grass, grease, chocolate, blood, etc. It is in concentrated form and you dilute it in water, but I use full concentrate for most stains. You can usually find it in the automotive section at most stores.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3625218;
    I use Simple Green for getting out really tough and set in stains, grass, grease, chocolate, blood, etc. It is in concentrated form and you dilute it in water, but I use full concentrate for most stains. You can usually find it in the automotive section at most stores.
    Me too - Simple Green is a good laundry additive especially for grass stains. I have had good luck with Goo Gone for other stains like pen or chocolate. And Goo Gone is great with sticker residue if you accidentally wash a sticker on clothes (my kids used to leave them on their tshirts).

Motorcycles
    I am looking at a 2009 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom and a 2010 Harley Davidson FXDC Super Glide Custom. I am not concerned about pricing, just if anyone knows which will require less maintenance in the long run or if someone has either and can give me a few thoughts. Both bikes fit me.
    There's no place like home!

Does anyone have an opinion about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I thought it would be handy to keep by the sink for quick kitchen cleanups. I had it about two days, and then I noticed that it was raggedy and about to fall apart. My husband had used it for some job. All I can say is, that thing isn't very sturdy! I think I should have stuck with an ordinary sponge.

Use the search this thread feature on the top right corner for "magic eraser" and you'll find about 10 posts that discuss it.

+ Reply to Thread