+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3554491;
    Didn't we have this exact discussion in this thread ""X" amount of pages back, or am I thinking about another product?
    I think this topic comes up at least yearly.

I know I have seen this topic discussed last summer or the summer before.

We have an LG front loader too. Have had it about 6 or 7 years now. I do keep the door ajar after the last load of the day so that it dries out. Have never had a problem with mildew because of that. The only time I clean out the rubber tubing stuff is when I am doing a real deep cleaning job in the laundry room so that is maybe once a year!

Hubs built a platform too rather than go for the matching platform units that went with the washer and dryer. Much cheaper and we have shelving above the washer and dryer to store all sorts of laundry stuff.

I think we went to Lowe's when we got the washing machine. Our dryer is older, but still going strong, so we didn't have to replace that when the old washer died on us.

I do like the front loader though. Less water, less detergent, less electricity and the clothes come out nice and clean.

My sister also has front loaders. I remember her getting them when she moved into her previous home. The laundry room really had an awful smell from it, and I now realize that she must not have left the door ajar or ever cleaned it out. When she moved into her new house, she left those machines behind and bought new appliances for her new house. Now she is moving out of state and will be leaving these appliances behind. What can she do to get rid of the smell.....vinegar? bleach? Any ideas? I have a sensitive nose and moldy stuff really gets to me, so I think she needs to do something to her washer before she has anyone come in to look at the house.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3557392;
    What can she do to get rid of the smell.....vinegar? bleach? Any ideas? I have a sensitive nose and moldy stuff really gets to me, so I think she needs to do something to her washer before she has anyone come in to look at the house.
    I would try running a couple of empty loads with the hottest water setting - use the "clean cycle" if the washer has one. Run bleach thru one of the loads and a bunch of white vinegar thru another.

Thanks Closet....will copy that and send it down to my sister. Hopefully it will do the trick. Her laundry room really smells nasty!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A funny thing happened to me while walking through the Walgreens. Somehow, I found myself in the "As Seen On TV" section, and this thing called a Windshield Wonder jumped into my basket! What a great product! It is for cleaning the insides of your car windows...actually, for cleaning any glass! It has this cool tilting head that let's you get into the closer areas of your windows. It is my latest, favorite gadget! I give it 4 claps!!

They don't call me "Sister Gadget" for nothing!! I love stuff that makes sense and works well.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I always check out the "As Seen on TV" aisle at my local CVS. (We don't have Walgreen's nearby)

Next time I go there I will check that out. I've seen it on TV and thought....hmmmm, that just might work. Glad to hear you are also using it on other glass surfaces. In my family room, I hate to clean the windows due to having to move furniture (two recliners, 2 end tables and all the junk on them just to really clean three windows).

The thing that bothers me about the stuff on TV is more times than not, the S&H adds up to being more than the actual item and it takes forever to ship. I'd rather run down to the store and pick it up and pay sales tax.

I agree MamaC. And so many offers want to give you something "free". All you have to pay is shipping and handling. Well, that could be any amount they choose. I wonder if you can just buy the product but refuse the free item? I usually just wait to see it in the store though. It's always the same price or less as on tv with no shipping charges.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I've seen, people end up spending about $24 for the BOGO, after they tack on the s/h, when they could get just 1 for about $10.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DO NOT BUY Coppertone sunscreen, any strength. It ruined three of my husband's white t-shirts, two of mine (including a not-inexpensive Nike golf shirt), my bathing suit, and one of my daughter's t-shirts. It left horrid orange (copper-coloured ) stains that are damn near impossible to remove. I haven't been home much as we've been travelling quite a bit this summer, but when I have a chance I'm going to try one more time to save my golf shirt with Shout, as I see they have a set-in stain product. I'm never using anything but Neutrogena sunscreen again, and I plan to email Coppertone or whoever manufactures it. It does say on the bottle that it "may" stain clothes but this is ridiculous - it stained every fabric it touched, from my golf shirt (a poly blend) the t-shirts (cotton) and my bathing suit (spandex blend). I'm beyond pissed. We had used both the bottle stuff and the new spray-on type, both kinds stain.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3623145;
    DO NOT BUY Coppertone sunscreen, any strength. It ruined three of my husband's white t-shirts, two of mine (including a not-inexpensive Nike golf shirt), my bathing suit, and one of my daughter's t-shirts. It left horrid orange (copper-coloured ) stains that are damn near impossible to remove. I haven't been home much as we've been travelling quite a bit this summer, but when I have a chance I'm going to try one more time to save my golf shirt with Shout, as I see they have a set-in stain product. I'm never using anything but Neutrogena sunscreen again, and I plan to email Coppertone or whoever manufactures it. It does say on the bottle that it "may" stain clothes but this is ridiculous - it stained every fabric it touched, from my golf shirt (a poly blend) the t-shirts (cotton) and my bathing suit (spandex blend). I'm beyond pissed. We had used both the bottle stuff and the new spray-on type, both kinds stain.
    I read on someone's mommy blog that the best stain remover is Oxy-Clean. You have to follow the soaking directions on Oxy-Clean and let the clothes soak for several days. She said it has even removed stains that made it through the wash and dryer. It might be worth trying.

+ Reply to Thread