+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Tea tree oil is also good for acne-prone skin-I have a little roll-on that I believe we got from Trader Joe's, and it's good to really dry a zit out.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3469655;
    I heard that tea tree oil in shampoos actually discourages lice. When a friend of mine had her daughter in elementary school and there was a lice note going home every other day, her hair stylist told her to get shampoo with tea tree oil as that discourages lice.
    My daughters have been cursed twice with lice, the last two summers, in fact. There are some nice shampoos with tea tree oil already in them - Paul Mitchell comes to mind - but what I do now is dump a generous dollop of tea tree oil in their regular shampoo. The odour is a bit strong but I cannot face more weeks of nit-picking and washing every fabric surface in the house.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yeah, it is definitely strong-and I do love the PM Tea Tree shampoo. If they hate the smell, I would experiment with other essential oils to see if they would work-I would maybe try a few drops of lemon and a few drops of mint to help neutralize the tea tree smell.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3454927;
    Degree is the only thing that works for me.
    Degree has 2 new Body Mist Sprays that smell pretty good. They have matching scented deoderant.
    Dove has them too, they smell good... but I didn't care to smell like a fruit/vegetable.

MRD

I am not crazy about scented deoderant, soap, laundry soap, etc.

I wear a nice perfume and I like it and I don't want it to compete with my deoderant, my blouse, my soap, etc.

So while I do buy degree that has a scent, it isn't strong. But I use Ivory soap and I use unscented laundry soap and I tend to stay away from all these scented products.
    Right now we have a homemade soap in the gift shop at work. I can't stand to be near it. It is so strong and it actually bothers my nose.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow! Good to know about Tea Tree oil and lice! I actually love the smell of tea tree oil. It just smells so natural and clean to me..
    With my oldest about to enter preschool I am especially on guard now about hair buggies and other catchables.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I would LOVE to have a scent that smelled like some of my favorite soaps.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3481598;
    Right now we have a homemade soap in the gift shop at work. I can't stand to be near it. It is so strong and it actually bothers my nose.
    I have had tree allergies acting up over the last few weeks and I have noticed that some of the shower gels I have bought recently cause me to go into fits of sneezing. I'm hoping that the allergies are just making me extra sensitive because I have never reacted that was to soaps before!

Has anyone tried Jack Lalane's Power Pro Juicer? I'm trying to improve my diet, and thought a juicer would be a good long term investment. The only problem is we don't have a lot of fresh fruit, like berries, melons, grapes and such during the winter months and if we do they get fairly expensive.

So, any juicers here?
    =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3545229;
    So, any juicers here?
    =^.^=
    Yeah, but not the kind of juicer you're looking for.

+ Reply to Thread