+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

MRD

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I use the lavender baby powder, otherwise I don't like the smell of regular baby powder. Having lived in high humidity most of my life, I find powder to be a good thing. I hate feeling damp right after a shower, even if I have tried to dry well. Humidity won't let you get completely dry. Powder absorbs the extra moisture. And it prevents chafing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always liked to use Shower-to-Shower powder along with my favorite just out of the shower cologne scent when I worked. Together, they smelled fabulous and fresh, not perfume-y, and I got lots of compliments on it. I guess I created my own signature scent. This was all under a cotton t-shirt with a polyester (ick!) dress shirt. Sometimes, you just have to make the best out of what you have to work with.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3457904;
    ...Having lived in high humidity most of my life, I find powder to be a good thing. I hate feeling damp right after a shower, even if I have tried to dry well. Humidity won't let you get completely dry...
    michigan gets pretty humid too so i know exactly what you mean ... and this might be TMI, but i sit around nekkid in front of a fan after my shower

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3459632;
    michigan gets pretty humid too so i know exactly what you mean ... and this might be TMI, but i sit around nekkid in front of a fan after my shower
    Done that too.

I just hate that sticky, clammy, damp feeling which is why I use powder.

OK, it's been over a week and all of my Dove products ... except the body wash are in the garbage. I loved the scent of all of the products and the shampoo and conditioner did leave my hair very soft and shiney but it weighed it down so much my hair looked perpetually dirty (I didn't actually throw them out, my naturally curly-haired daughter is using them). The deodorant is crap, it was 25C here today (not even close to 35C summer highs) and it didn't do a very good job, I had to shower after 8 hours. I'm going back to my Fructis and Secret - but I'll keep the body wash and body spray.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I actually love the deoderant made by Dove - but I completely agree with you about the shampoo/conditioner products they make. My hair just never looked or felt clean when I used it. Same with their styling products.

Mr. Rattus and I have started using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and both love it. It leaves no residue at all so my fine hair does tend to get flyaway, but a tiny dollop of leave-in conditioner (also Giovanni) takes care of that. We have been using biodegradable, laureth-free shampoo for years, but the company whose product we bought closed down a couple of years ago and so the search was on. I found something I liked, but Mr. Rattus didn't like the smell (too perfumey). I found something he liked, but it left my hair feeling flat and greasy. Eventually we just went to separate shampoos until I talked him into giving the Tea Tree stuff a whirl. So I was already okay with it, but (a) he is okay with the smell (minty); (b) it actually makes you feel physically cooler while you're shampooing; and (c) it has taken care of his dandruff so he doesn't have to do the two step shampoo/medicated conditioner thing. Woo hoo!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I used the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree stuff many years ago (I have dealt with dandruff my whole life) and I loved it. I am going to be switching to Big Sexy Hair because it's cheaper than the Frederic Fekkai stuff I have been using, and it's also not animal-tested (I definitely try to avoid the animal testing, but a lot of the Fekkai was gratis or deeply discounted when I worked at BBW). The Fekkai volume shampoo/conditioner doesn't do a whole lot for me. On the other hand I use the protein shampoo/conditioner once a week as I do go out tanning a lot, so I like to protect my hair, and I use the glossing twice a week (I only shampoo every other day) because it gives my hair a nice shine and brings out the natural highlights.

So yeah, I've got at least four different shampoos/conditioners in my shower. For me, hair products are like mascara-they have to be high-end, and I'm always looking for the great new one. (the current mascara is Benefit BadGal lash)
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess we all have our little indulgences.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I heard that tea tree oil in shampoos actually discourages lice. When a friend of mine had her daughter in elementary school and there was a lice note going home every other day, her hair stylist told her to get shampoo with tea tree oil as that discourages lice.

+ Reply to Thread