+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3442718;
    My mom's doctor told her that it was also ok to use under her bra band to stay dry.

So WalMart had Dove products on sale 2/$6 so I bought everything. I know my mom likes the cool cucumber scent so I got her the entire line. I tried the shampoo and conditioner for colour treated hair and it's a little too heavy for my hair I think I'll try the volumizing set and see if that makes a difference. The anti-perspirant is just OK. It lasted most of the day but it wore out by the end of the day.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dux, I took Ellen's suggestion from the Hair Problems thread and bought L'oreal's sulfate-free shampoo (volumizing with colour care). It works very well for me and gives a nice shine to my colour. In fact, I do believe it really is giving my colour a bit more staying power, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3230496 View Post
    New York Forters: Are there any local phone companies in NY other than AT & T? (Hopefully) I'll be attending grad school there next year, and I simply HATE them.
    Did you ever sort this out?

I've had what is now Verizon Wireless for about 10 years & have no complaints at all. I've used it all over the country with no worries & have had maybe five dropped calls in all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3443585;

That is very unfair! But thank goodness there's a pit product for every type of body chemistry!
    If there is, I haven't found it...I think I'm on my third deodorant this year and I can't find any that work because I sweat. A lot. I am very hot-blooded in the core but it doesn't translate to my extremities. I'm probably going to have to go to a dermatologist in order to get something-and right now, I'm using a clinical strength one from Fred Meyer.

As far as things that are good for shaving the legs, I use the good ol' BBW shower gels-I kill two birds with one stone (cleanse and shave). The Aromatherapy body washes are really nice as well since they are a bit oilier, but the Creamy Body Washes...I have two words: silk proteins. My legs had never been softer. Sure, they can seem a bit steep in price but you take into account that you don't need much and that they also are a body wash, plus the fact that they go on sale frequently-and it works out well. I will never use shaving foam again. The containers are so bad for the environment, and they actually dried my legs out.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3454110;
    If there is, I haven't found it...I think I'm on my third deodorant this year and I can't find any that work because I sweat. A lot. I am very hot-blooded in the core but it doesn't translate to my extremities. I'm probably going to have to go to a dermatologist in order to get something-and right now, I'm using a clinical strength one from Fred Meyer.
    I haven't found just one either. So I use two. It's kind of ridiculous really, but the one that (mostly - not always) keeps me dry (Sure - unscented) doesn't make me not stink. But the one that makes me not stink (Lady Speed Stick 24/7) doesn't keep me dry. So I use them both. It seems to work most of the time. Of course both of those products are ones that include ingredients that can possibly cause cancer according to people who warn against cancer causing products. I haven't tried the prescription strength ones because I can buy the two products I buy for still less than the one.

Don't all of them contain the cancer causing ingredients? I know that the natural sticks don't have that ingredient but they never really work either. I wonder how many people have actually gotten cancer from using them.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm of the opinion that LIFE causes cancer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've used Mitchum for years. It is the only deodorant / anti perspirant that works, IMO
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Degree is the only thing that works for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3442860;
    I never even thought to do that! I have just always put baby powder there!
    i can't stand baby powder ... haven't used it since my kids were little. yuk. LOL

I don't get powders, period. I always used to get little things of bath powder in my Christmas stocking and I had no idea what the heck to do with them.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread