+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Can anyone recommend what is best for removing pet stains from carpets? How about pet odors? There are a million products out there, I've tried a couple that I haven't been too happy with.
    I have the Bissel spot lifter that works wonders! There is a soap that Bissel makes to remove pet odors and stains that you can buy for it! I don't know what I would do without it!

This is just sort of a who cares kind of thing, but I had to make two batches of cupcakes last weekend. My daughter chose the flavors, and she picked a box of Betty Crocker and a box of Pillsbury cake mixes.

The Betty Crocker gets a big thumbs up. It easily filled 24 cupcakes, turned out moist and flavorful. The Pillsbury tasted okay but I had to scrape to barely get 23 cupcakes out of it, and they were small and puny.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Betty Crocker has always tasted better and always had better value... Krusteaz is okay as well but sometimes their stuff is just too dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Awwwww I was going to buy some of that Veet stuff to try tonight. I'm so disappointed, I was really looking forward to no shaving for 3 weeks
    Damned stuff never works like it's supposed to.
    whippet I'd call Veet and tell them that their product stinks - they may do something to compensate.
    Nair, Neet and that other crap never worked for me and don't bother with that Jergens lotion that is supposed to somehow work so that you don't have to shave as often - it doesn't do a damn thing and it doesn't smell that great either.

Whoever was talking about pet stains - when my cat throws up :rolleyes I just use liquid dish detergent to clean it up. Works every time, and it doesn't matter which brand. If you have a light-coloured carpet, just make sure it's diluted so that your carpet doesn't end up the same colour as your detergent, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Nair, Neet and that other crap never worked for me and don't bother with that Jergens lotion that is supposed to somehow work so that you don't have to shave as often - it doesn't do a damn thing and it doesn't smell that great either.
    Actually, I found that that Jergens stuff -- or another brand that promised the same thing, maybe -- worked pretty well, at least for me. I definitely noticed I didn't need to shave as often. Just my own two cents.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, do you know what the other brand is? Is it Curel? I could only find the Jergens stuff at our Wal-Mart...I actually bought it because I read a magazine article saying that it DID work, but I'm pretty sure the article mentioned the other brand.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just went to the bathroom cabinet and looked, Averagejane. It *is* Jergens. "Naturally Smooth." Worked for me, sorry it didn't for you. I guess I don't know the other brand, but Curel does seem to ring a bell.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

*AJ curses her Italian genes and resigns herself to nasty stubble till menopause*

I wax, it hurts but I find waxing alot better than Neet and all that stuff. I'm not even that hairy and it never worked well for me.

For teeth whitening, I've seen people mention Crest Whitestrips and Rembrant, if you use these, how long does it keep your teeth white for?

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    *AJ curses her Italian genes and resigns herself to nasty stubble till menopause*
    when it gets worse and moves to your face (or so I hear)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread