+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I'm a big fan of Dove deodorant because my underarm area gets really dry now that I'm older. I don't think it would work for people who sweat a lot though. I also like the Dove body sprays, they are very fresh but now overpowering.

I use the Dove body washes in the winter because they are very moisturizing. In the summer I use a wash that is more "soapy" because I get tend to get oily.

I read on some "frugal" website that you can replace expensive body wash with a cheap shampoo. They said to pick a clarifying shampoo in a scent you like and use it with your shower poof. My expensive body wash is almost gone so I bought VO5 clarifying shampoo to try (green tea, it smells delicious!). I'll let everyone know how that goes.

My favorite body wash of all is the Dove line of body washes. I like the cucumber green tea scent best of all. Dove body washes are so thick and creamy. After I use them, my skin is so soft and moisturized.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3441725;
    I read on some "frugal" website that you can replace expensive body wash with a cheap shampoo. They said to pick a clarifying shampoo in a scent you like and use it with your shower poof. My expensive body wash is almost gone so I bought VO5 clarifying shampoo to try (green tea, it smells delicious!). I'll let everyone know how that goes.
    Along those lines - I use cheapo drugstore hair conditioner instead of shaving foam (for my legs). It's way more moisturizing on the skin, works better, you don't have to use much, and is less expensive.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used a "Buttoneer" tonight, for the first time in several years. It took me a couple of practices before I got it down, but I forgot how great this thing works! Anyone ever use this thing before? It may have been seen as "crap", back in the day, but once you got the technique down, you couldn't beat it! But it was a "Practice makes perfect" kind of gadget. And I am a gadget girl! Can you still buy these things today?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3442296;
    Along those lines - I use cheapo drugstore hair conditioner instead of shaving foam (for my legs). It's way more moisturizing on the skin, works better, you don't have to use much, and is less expensive.

me too! I like it because the shaving foam would get to thick I wasn't sure the razor would reach my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3442305;
    I used a "Buttoneer" tonight, for the first time in several years. It took me a couple of practices before I got it down, but I forgot how great this thing works! Anyone ever use this thing before? It may have been seen as "crap", back in the day, but once you got the technique down, you couldn't beat it! But it was a "Practice makes perfect" kind of gadget. And I am a gadget girl! Can you still buy these things today?

My mom had one of these back in the day. I used it all the time. LOL. Biggest thing was to get the right size fastener for the job. I would sometimes get one that was to long and my button would be loose. I had no idea they even made these things anymore.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3442296;
    Back in my early 20's a friend told me she 'shaved her legs with baby oil' I didn't realize she meant she put the oil on after she shaved her legs so I slathered the oil on, shaved my legs and I've used baby oil ever since. It's fantastic! It's not drying at all because there are no detergents it to dry out your skin.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I remember them and must have always used the too long fastener because the buttons never looked right and were way too loose.

I have no idea it they still make them.

I have never heard of a buttoneer so I googled it and found this:
    Buttoneer Button Fastener

Don't know if the one you have is the same thing, but it looks like this one is being advertised on TV. It does look like a handy little gadget!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That is exactly what I used last night! Most impressive! What I did find, though, is that the directions don't give you the exact technique.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread