+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I always set my phone alarm when I need to set the oven...which, admittedly, is not very often. When I just use the stove alarm, I always manage not to hear it or to conveniently ignore/forget that it's set. I don't seem to use my phone for talking much, but I do use it for a lot of other things so that I'm not wasting my monthly money! Made a grocery list while I was sitting at the hair salon the other week. I call the customer service desk when I'm in the store and can't find what I'm looking for or need help. Make notes about web sites I want to check out. I'm only limited by my imagination!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3417625;
    Thanks for the info about the computer in the stove, Melitta. That's something I will bear in mind when picking a stove. Honestly, I would rather not buy anything with a computer in it, but I gather that appliances with minimal bells and whistles are becoming increasingly rare.
    This is the reason I repaired my stove. I was determined to go back to a simple no bells and whistle stove. All I wanted was 2 big coils, 2 small coils and a window in the door to the oven. I could not find one anywhere! I did find one with 1 big coil, 3 small coils that was all knobs...but dang it, I wanted 2 big coils. LOL. I looked for over 2 months when I finally gave up and just fixed mine. The appliance lady told me that all knobs, of course, is the best for long lasting. The next best would be knobs with a digital clock. Next is the digital clock and digital oven control seperately. Worst, is like mine, when clock and oven control are on the same computer. Oh and don't cover the back coil that is the designated "heat escape" for the oven when the oven is on. That will burn up the sensor for the oven element. We replaced that sensor first thinking that's what was wrong.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Has anyone tried the line of Dove deodorants and sprays yet?? I have a friend who swears by their shampoos and conditioners but so far no one I know has tried the other stuff.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, I haven't tried those but I'll sure agree with your friend on the shampoo and conditioner. Recently, I was out of town and forgot my usual Redken that I swear by to tame my unruly curls. I made a quick trip to a local Wal-Mart and grabbed Dove Frizz Control. Love it! And it's a lot less expensive than Redken.

Do I sound like a commercial or what?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I've tried the Dove deodorant and it didn't work so well for me. It didn't last very long and I don't sweat very much at all. So I ended up throwing it out. The shampoos & conditioners I do like, though. I alternate between Aussie Moist, Dove Sheer Moisture, and my new favorite Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I used to hate Herbal Essences but I thought I'd try the blue bottle and it is awesome. My hair has never been so soft or shiny. When I straighten it I feel like I'm one of those girls in the shampoo commercials with their hair falling down in a wave, you know the ones.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I've used Dove deodorant and liked it. My older daughter uses it. I really like the body washes - I've tried the grapefruit and I'm currently using the cucumber/green tea one. The scents are lovely, not too strong and perfume-y.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

thanks ladies! I've used the cucumber one too AJ ... there's a study somewhere that shows the scent of grapefruit on/around a woman makes people think she is younger than she is. I'm thinking that's the one I'm going to try. Right now I'm using Olay body wash with moisture ribbons (the pink one) and I like it but there isn't a moistureizer to go with it. I don't want to have a whole bunch of different scents from head to toe so I was curious when I heard about Dove's line.
    burntbrat if it isn't too invasive of a question; what kind of deodorant do you use? I'm using Secret and it works well enough, I've also used Degree in the past and that worked too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I haven't tried Dove shampoo and conditioners yet. I was going to until I saw the new Aveeno shampoo and conditioner and I grabbed that instead. I really like it! I am using the moisturizing set. I was trying out some all natural shampoo bars, but they just didn't work for me. I think I will try Dove also as I like to have something to switch out with, but so far, the Aveeno products are keepers.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3440832;
    burntbrat if it isn't too invasive of a question; what kind of deodorant do you use? I'm using Secret and it works well enough, I've also used Degree in the past and that worked too.
    I use Secret. I only switched to Dove because in their commercials for a time they said that it reduces irritation from shaving or something like that. And it did do that. My pits were so soft (I know, gross, sorry) And if it works for other people, I'm sure it will work for you. Maybe I have a weird PH level or something
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3440832;
    thanks ladies! I've used the cucumber one too AJ ... there's a study somewhere that shows the scent of grapefruit on/around a woman makes people think she is younger than she is. I'm thinking that's the one I'm going to try. Right now I'm using Olay body wash with moisture ribbons (the pink one) and I like it but there isn't a moistureizer to go with it. I don't want to have a whole bunch of different scents from head to toe so I was curious when I heard about Dove's line.

I've not tried the 'ribbons' body wash, figuring that it was supposed to be like the shampoo and conditioner all-in-one....which never worked, as far as I was concerned....great, in concept, though. Could you not just pair another of the in-shower body moisturizers with the product? I use the Olay Shea Butter wash and moisturizure. 3 words: Fab - U - Lous, in performance and scent. I've been with this particular product for over a year, now.

I've been wanting to try to Dove Body Washes, but I just can't pull myself away from the Oil of Olay.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread