+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Okay, my endless quest for appliance reviews continues, but I will be buying this summer. So one final question of all my astute FORT friends: How do you feel about your Kenmore appliances? Trying to balance how much these things cost vs. how well they work, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that if I want something that won't drive me batty I will have to go European and spend beaucoup bucks. I would do that if I had beaucoup bucks, but I don't, so I am now looking at the idea of spending less for something that works just as well as mid-range, assuming that this is indeed the case. So opine away, ladies and gents .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

I don't have Kenmore appliances now, but I used too and was very happy with them. We also bought the service contract, but I don't think we used the service repair but once in the 7 + years we had the fridge and stove.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always been pleased with Kenmore products. My last Kenmores were a washer and dryer, and I kept them for an extremely long time. No repairs, ever. I left them behind when I divorced, and now I've had Amana for an extremely long time....once again, no repairs ever. I trust Kenmore, big time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My dil has a Kenmore dishwasher and loves it! She replaced her Frigidaire which quit on her after just one year, and so far, she likes the Kenmore much better.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I nosed around a little, and found this:

I need to know if AMANA or KENMORE is the better product with respect to Washers & Dryers versus EMPIRE combo. - Yahoo! Answers

I'm a Whirlpool stockholder. I can tell you for a fact. That with any of those brands... You're actually buying a Whirlpool product.

Whirlpool owns and manufactures Kenmore, Empire, as well as Amana. Whirlpool also owns Maytag, and Kitchen Aid too.

One Advantage to the Sears Kenmore brand, however is the ease of getting a service call... should you ever need it.

Other brands owned by Whirlpool-

Jenn-Air
    Brastemp
    Inglis
    Ikea Home Electrics
    Affresh
    Purafresh
    Consul
    Bauknecht
    Gladiator
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have owned many Kenmore appliances over the years. Never any complaints and when I have needed to make a call for service, I have had good experience with the repair-people that Sears sends out.

I love my Kenmore washer and dryer...my first set lasted almost 20 years and never had to call for repairs. I just got a new set 3 yrs ago and no problems whatsoever. I also have a Kenmore dishwasher which works great!!!

Thanks for the input, guys . I've discussed with Mr. Rattus and we have decided to go with the Kenmore fridges (that's right - he needs his own fridge for beer) and stove. I've already picked the one I want and am kind of excited by the idea of buying new appliances.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Nothing like new stuff!

I'll echo everyone else - Kenmore makes good stuff. My dishwasher is a Kenmore, about 10 years old, and is still going strong. I just replaced the Kenmore stove a few months ago, about the same age. Not because it was bad, I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to get a ceramic flat top stove.

Washer and dryer are Whirlpools, and have endured years of abuse without complaint. I've got nothing bad to say about either brand.

My fridge is a Frigidaire, two years old, so I'll give it a few years before I say how great it is.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread