+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Thanks for the info on the Lip stain Duxxy! that sounds like something that would be perfect for me.
    Have you ever tried using the lip stain and then just putting maybe some chapstick over it if you want a little moisture without leaving colored mouth blots on your cups and glasses?

I've used all sorts of those No rub off style lipsticks over the years (the ones with the gloss you reapply over them)
    when they first came out the Covergirl ones were great, but now it seems all of the brands have changed their formulas so they are sticky and gluey.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3254662;
    I never owned a Maytag appliance until recently. A few months ago I needed to buy a new portable dishwasher and ended up buying a Maytag from Sears. It had mostly positive reviews with a few negative sprinkled in. My knowledge of Maytag before this was limited to the commercials about how long-lasting they are - no one has to call the Maytag repair man!! Unfortunately no more than 6 months after buying this dishwasher, I have had to call the repair man. No charge to us since it was new and under the manufacturers warranty, but I still find it ridiculous that it completely broke down so soon (a part in the motor had to be replaced). At this point, I just hope it is not a sign of things to come! Veruka - I'm glad you have had better luck with Maytag than I have!!
    My dishwasher is a Maytag. The first year, right after the warranty ran out, the handle on the dishwasher broke. Now you have to jerk it open. Other than that it has been OK. I do have to use a Jet Dry rinsing agent in order to get the dishes completely spot free. We thought at first the dishwasher wasn't doing it's job, but after using the Jet Dry basket thing, it was our hard water not the dishwasher.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

At least it still works! When I moved in I quickly realized there wasn't enough water pressure in our building to actually clean the dishes off. It became more of a chore so I just wash them by hand now and use the dishwasher as a tupperware cupboard!
    Yup, with donuts!!

A friend of mine also has a useless one that she uses as her spice rack.
    CYA

I suppose they are nice if you have a large family. We haven't had a working one before so we've never really used one. My roommate when I was younger used to unplug it because she swore it made the electric bill jump $10 a month.
    Yup, with donuts!!

We bought our house and the washer/dryer combo is a 15 year old Maytag still going strong. It was really small so I gave it to a friend. It had a bit of rust but other than that, worked like a charm. Our new ones are front loading Kenmore, and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3254889;
    At least it still works! When I moved in I quickly realized there wasn't enough water pressure in our building to actually clean the dishes off. It became more of a chore so I just wash them by hand now and use the dishwasher as a tupperware cupboard!
    I have a friend who doesn't trust dishwashers. She has a brand new house in a very upscale gated neighborhood, with all brand new name brand appliances and she uses the dishwasher to store her bread and potatoes in. LOL She cracks me up.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I didn't know where this belonged. So I put it here. I recently got an e-mail from Paypal saying I needed to be re-verified and when I clicked it took me to PayPal and said I needed to connect to a bank account. I thought it very, very, weird, and my sweetie told me about this Paypal watchdog. spoof@paypal.com

I sent a copy of the e-mail and they responded very quickly saying it was not real and it was a phishing attempt to get information. They were going after the sender. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to spoof@paypal.com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity theft! Be vigilent and be safe!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-08-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You were very smart, Miss Kitty. Never click on any link within an email that is supposedly from a bank or other financial institution that asks you to "verify" information. If you get an email like that, you should go to the actual bank/Paypal/whatever website and log in to see if its legit. Never follow the links in your email because they can look very real and very official. I make it a policy to not even follow the links sent to me by my real financial institutions because you never know. Its always safer to just head over to their website and log in normally.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Love my Maytag washer and dryer. My dryer is now 10 years old. My dishwasher is a Maytag, and it is "ok"..doesnt do the best job drying the dishes and it is loud. My first Maytag dishwasher lasted maybe one year, when it started leaking around the door seal. Not sure which brand dishwasher Id go with next.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread