+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Never thought I would actually purchase and LOVE a Cover Girl product - but I have been on a search for a new mascara for quite some time. My previous favorite had been reformulated and I must have tried a dozen different mascaras over the last several months, ranging from $8 to $25 per tube. Saw the new commercial for Cover Girl's newest mascara LashBlast in the orange tube and bought it yesterday. I love it!!! Thought I would share my good fortune with my fellow Bare Escentuals lovers here.

I have a cell phone question. We use Sprint with the push to talk (PTT) service called Ready Link. After the first of the year, Sprint will no longer offer the Ready Link service. In order for us to still be able to use the PTT service, we would have to buy new phones and sign a new 2 year contract in order to be able to receive Sprint's signal, but with Nextel's direct connect (PTT) service. We could go back to Nextel (cell phone and PTT service) but their signal is very spotty here at our house. Does anyone else on here use a PTT service by anyone other than Sprint or Nextel? Or has anyone already switched over to the Sprint phones that use the Nextel direct connect? I have heard AT&T and Verizon also offer the PTT service, but haven't heard if it is good or bad. Anyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. I have about 60 days to figure out what to do.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Kao

New York Forters: Are there any local phone companies in NY other than AT & T? (Hopefully) I'll be attending grad school there next year, and I simply HATE them.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3069162;
    Never thought I would actually purchase and LOVE a Cover Girl product - but I have been on a search for a new mascara for quite some time. My previous favorite had been reformulated and I must have tried a dozen different mascaras over the last several months, ranging from $8 to $25 per tube. Saw the new commercial for Cover Girl's newest mascara LashBlast in the orange tube and bought it yesterday. I love it!!! Thought I would share my good fortune with my fellow Bare Escentuals lovers here.
    Speaking of mascaras, I just bought a tube of the "extension" kind of mascara..this particular brand I bought is made by Maybelline. It works REAL well. My lashes were considerably longer. It's easy to remove, too... Which is a huge plus, to me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

For my fellow Canadians who have access to President's Choice products I have a few recommendations for you!

The Praline Pecans are delicious! Not quite as good as the ones I had from New Orleans but not bad for store bought.

The English Biscuit assortment - 13 different kinds of cookies - all chocolate for $6.99 they are fantastic and a good value you get quite a few of each kind.

Terry's Chocolate Orange - with Toffee Crunch - SO FRIKKIN good! I love the chocolate orange as is but they went and added sponge toffee bits to it, I am now addicted.

um yeah can you say PMS? Happy munching.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3232461;
    Terry's Chocolate Orange - with Toffee Crunch - SO FRIKKIN good! I love the chocolate orange as is but they went and added sponge toffee bits to it, I am now addicted.
    I don't eat a lot of chocolate but I do love chocolate oranges...and toffee. I'm going to go get some, thanks Dux.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3230833;
    Speaking of mascaras, I just bought a tube of the "extension" kind of mascara..this particular brand I bought is made by Maybelline. It works REAL well. My lashes were considerably longer. It's easy to remove, too... Which is a huge plus, to me.
    I've seen the ads for this mascara. Good to know it actually works. I may pick some up today at the store.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have been in need of a new vacuum cleaner because the one we have had for a few years has practically no suction. Over time I have been drawn in by that guy that does the Dyson commercials where he talks about his his vacuums don't lose suction, so on Black Friday I saw a good deal and bought one. So far - I LOVE it!! It has definitely proven how much my old one sucked (or did not suck, as the case may be )!! Now we just have to use it for a few years and see if it continues to function at this level!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-12-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3250313;
    I have been in need of a new vacuum cleaner because the one we have had for a few years has practically no suction. Over time I have been drawn in by that guy that does the Dyson commercials where he talks about his his vacuums don't lose suction, so on Black Friday I saw a good deal and bought one. So far - I LOVE it!! It has definitely proven how much my old one sucked (or did not suck, as the case may be )!! Now we just have to use it for a few years and see if it continues to function at this level!!
    I think in a couple of years you will still be pleases. A couple of our clients have Dysons and we really like them. I know for sure that the one we've used for 2 years now and it's still working great. Also my boss has one that she uses at her own home and they have 3 indoor cats. She's started taking it places with us and it's still great. She dropped it down a flight of steps two weeks ago. A small part of the handle broke, but it was still running when I got to it to pick it up. For me they are a little heavy but other than that I really like the ones I've used.

I'm not a fan of the huge bagless vacuum. I prefer my canister where I can easily take off the head and use the wand to get in the corners.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread