+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 106 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Love their eyeshadows!! Since you use so little, they last forever. I just re-ordered my every-day shade, and it had lasted almost 2 years. You just can't beat that. And they blend so easily - anyone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3044879;
    I love the Bare Escentuals stuff. I use the Bare Minerals foundation in fair, just a little bit swirled on with a brush gives good coverage. It lasts me all day, never gets oily or greasy feeling, and it doesn't "melt" off in the heat here. No liquid foundation has ever stood up as well for me (and I've tried them all, I'm a makeup junkie ).

I've also started using their eyeshadow colors. They're very heavily pigmented so you don't need a lot, and like the foundation, it stays put and doesn't crease. I get most of my stuff from Sephora, too.
    I use BE as well, and have for the last couple of years. I have problem skin and it's the best stuff on the market by far. misskitty, you can get it at the Sephora store in West Edmonton Mall. It costs $24 for what looks like a small jar, but it will last a very long time. (It does have a 15 SPF in the formula which will expire after about a year, though, so you will have to use a moisturizer or other product for sun protection.) I would also invest in a good applicator brush, but be warned, those can be costly.

Don't order it online - Sephora is not kind to their Canadian online customers since our dollar is now at par with the U.S. They have their own exchange formula and they still charge more on the dollar. I've complained to them but got no satisfaction. You'll pay the same $24 if you shop online, plus of course the shipping charges you'll avoid if you go to the mall.

wayward, I haven't tried their eyeshadow but if you say it's as good as the foundation I'm going to try it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

How are the Bare Escentuals stuff for dry & red skin? Actually if not for the redness, I probably wouldn't wear much make-up at all. Does everyone just use the foundation? or the concealer as well? Thanks!

Pineapple - I use it as I have a bit of redness on some parts of my face and it has actually decreased the redness over time. And it covers very well with little product. I always moisturize twice a day - so I don't know that I would be the one to comment on dry skin. I do not have dry skin using this product. And it would seem that using nothing but powder on your skin would dry it out, but it really doesn't. Cannot say enough good things about this fantastic product line.

I do really recommend the starter kit as you will get the brushes, 2 foundations, a finishing powder, instructional DVD, and a couple of other products as well. Very good value.

Thanks Margarita. I moisturize twice a day too, but still experience dryness. I'll look into getting the starter kit at Sephora.

I've been using the Neutrogena mineral foundation which is okay (I wanted to use a less expensive brand in case I hated the mineral stuff altogether), but I'm ready to graduate to "the good stuff." Our local Ulta periodically has a good special on the starter kit, so I'm waiting for the next flyer. I tried it in the store, and it really is much better than the cheap stuff (which is still better than any liquid gunk)!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Whatever you do - stay away from the L'oreal minerals. They are the worst! They go on very, very heavy and your face feels "icky" all day! I was wishing I had saved the receipt so that I could return it for my $10 back -- and I never return cosmetics!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3045472;
    Whatever you do - stay away from the L'oreal minerals. They are the worst! They go on very, very heavy and your face feels "icky" all day! I was wishing I had saved the receipt so that I could return it for my $10 back -- and I never return cosmetics!
    I'm allergic to L'Oreal makeup (Natural Match haircolor is okay, but their makeup makes me break out) -- I don't know if it's a fragrance they use or some other ingredient, so I've stayed away from their minerals as well.

Nope, my next makeup will be Bare Minerals!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I have been using the Arbonne mineral foundation for about a year or so and love it...I have no complaints on it...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Meowza! I'm so glad there's been so much feedback on this..thank you! So, there's Bare Essentials and Bare Minerals, and Sheercover. I agree, I don't want to have to get a full order every 3 months. I may just try this out as it seems almost too good to be true!

Thanks everyone! I won't be using the eyeshadows; I normally don't wear them because I have small almond eyes and they tend to just crease anyway.

I have purchased some new mineral powders for facepainting which is beautiful and works great on little kids who move around and don't like wet paint on their faces. It's gorgeous. Interesting to see that mineral powders are in all areas of professional make-up!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread