+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

There is a product called Nature's Miracle that is guaranteed to work. I tried it when we visited my son, as he was in temporary housing that had pets in it previously. This is when you get that infamous black light to show you where the stains are. Viewing stains via the black light is not for the weak-of-heart. Let's just say it doesn't only show up pet urine! Any black light will do, also. Pet stores try to sell you a special one, but any will work. Just pour the stuff on and as it dries the stains and odors are lifted. It worked great, but takes a while to completely dry.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Veet

Has anyone tried Veet? Its the non-razor hair removal product that is being advertised on tv right now. I always liked Nair, but it's odor was horrendous!

Nothing like sexy, smooth but stinky legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Can anyone recommend what is best for removing pet stains from carpets? How about pet odors? There are a million products out there, I've tried a couple that I haven't been too happy with.
    I can tell you what NOT to use ... never use ammonia to clean up pet stains. The animal smells the ammonia and he becomes inspired to pee there again. I've used vinegar with good success. Odo-Ban is a product that's supposed to banish pet odors, and you can usually find it at Sam's Club for about $15.00. I'm not fond of the smell -- too sweet, but it usually goes away after a day or two. You're supposed to use enzymatic cleaners on pet stains, as the enzymes will eliminate the stuff eventually. I'm not sure if they actually really work, but that's their story and they're sticking to it!

Has anyone tried Veet? Its the non-razor hair removal product that is being advertised on tv right now. I always liked Nair, but it's odor was horrendous!

Nothing like sexy, smooth but stinky legs.
    I bought some of this a couple weeks ago, since I never have time to shave, I thought a good 3 weeks of smooth legs would be great! Well it does not work! Once I got it on my legs and followed the directions, nothing came off....and I had pretty hair legs. It says on the package the longer the leg hair the better it works. I tried it by leaving the stuff on longer and then pulling it off with the strip, still nothing came off.
    I ended up giving the stuff to my cousin to try and she had the same results. Definately not worth the 13 bucks I paid for it!
    Hope that helps!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I've mostly got car reports from driving exp lol

Toyota Camry- This car is a perfect mid sizer.
    Toyota Coaster- Good minibus-quiet, low cost, efficient
    Mazda RX8- Smooth engine, small and roomy, stylish.
    Saturn Ion Redline [import]- Love the performance and Recaros, very reasonable price tag. I still think a Subaru or Mitsubishi or a "ricer" is better.
    Toyota Trueno- My car. Lovely, smooth ride, fast, gets to B from A nicely.
    Mercedes E500- Powerful engine, backs seats are a pain though
    VW Polo GTI- Fast, roomy, practical.
    Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero)- Powerful, roomy, comfy, good features.

Well that's just some. I've got a zillion car driving reports if anyone's interested lol

I have a question for those of you who are recommending the Crest Whitestrips. I'd really like to use them, as I smoke and drink a ton of coffee every day, and could use their magical whitening power. However, the one time I tried them, I had to take it right off because it was so goopy and didn't really seem to fit my teeth very well, and was sliding all over the place and generally just making me gag. Was I doing it wrong? I mean, it's a little plastic strip. How incorrectly could I really have been doing it? Do you get used to that? Do you just sort of suck it up, because the results are worth the 15 minutes or whatever of grossness?

I found the strips easy to use. They are ok but I bought the rembrandt whitening wand and it is so much faster and better. It was like 14 to 17 dollars and I just keep it in my purse and swab it on when I want.

Awwwww I was going to buy some of that Veet stuff to try tonight. I'm so disappointed, I was really looking forward to no shaving for 3 weeks
    Damned stuff never works like it's supposed to.
    whippet I'd call Veet and tell them that their product stinks - they may do something to compensate.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm going to invest in those Crest Whitestrips for in between times at the dentist. I was not very pleased with the Colgate Whitening toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide. It leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth, yuck.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I thought about doing that....Duxxy...I should check out to see if they have a site as my cousin pitched it when it didn't work for her either....
    ---------------------
    opps....

+ Reply to Thread