+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

The switch by the power button - it is what you would select to use the vacuum on hard floors.

Yea! Thank you. I want to try it right now but it's late so I'll wait until tomorrow. You have saved me because I do love my Dyson!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Let me know how it works for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2749737;
    I think the problem with the Maytags is when they were made. The older ones are wonderful. You just can't kill those things. We have an old, old Maytag dishwasher. We had the repairman in about six months ago and asked him if it was worthwhile to get it fixed or just get a new one. His very strong recommendation was go continue to get it fixed as they're just not built the way they used to be. So if you have an old Maytag, hole onto it. The newer ones just aren't living up to the Maytag name (or price tag). It seems like those of you who are complaining about Maytags have purchased them relatively recently - or maybe I'm reading more into your posts than intended.
    I was catching up on some old posts and came across this.
    You are right ScoutMom. I have a Maytag washer and Dryer that are around 15 years old and I've never had a minute of trouble with either one. The new ones are apparently another story. Maytags used to be made in Newton, Iowa, but when Whirlpool bought the company, the plant in Newton was closed and "Maytags" are now made elsewhere. (can't really remember where right now) That seems to be when the problems began. I know closing the factory almost devistated the small town of Newton and they are just now beginning to attract more industry. I've ALWAYS sworn by Maytag, but I doubt if I'll ever buy another one, so I hope my washer and dryer last many more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2932599;
    You are right ScoutMom. I have a Maytag washer and Dryer that are around 15 years old and I've never had a minute of trouble with either one. The new ones are apparently another story. Maytags used to be made in Newton, Iowa, but when Whirlpool bought the company, the plant in Newton was closed and "Maytags" are now made elsewhere. (can't really remember where right now) That seems to be when the problems began. I know closing the factory almost devistated the small town of Newton and they are just now beginning to attract more industry. I've ALWAYS sworn by Maytag, but I doubt if I'll ever buy another one, so I hope my washer and dryer last many more years.
    I am with you. I won't buy another product associated with Whirlpool. I bought a fridge and 6 months later the condensor went out. It was still under warranty so I tried to call the company to reimburse me, I had paid to fix it I kind of needed it. I was never able to get through. I was on hold for hours. I don't think they have customer service people working for them at all.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2932599;
    I just bought a new Maytag top-loader washer, and love it so far. I hope it lasts for many many years. I think that could apply to any brand, though..the fact appliances aren't made the same these days. Im hoping, anyways.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I've recently become aware of the newest make-up trend and buzz-words..."Mineral powder foundation". Has anyone tried any brands and if so do you like it? I believe it's supposed to replace liquid foundation, as you basically just use a touch up cream for certain problem areas, then brush the mineral powder foundation all over your face. It's supposed to make you look absolutley fabulous.

I saw an infomercial on one called Sheercover.com.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I use Bare Minerals and cannot say enough good things about it! There is no liquid involved at all. Best make-up ever!! I cannot believe I waited so many years to try it. Once you try it, you will never use a liquid make-up again. It covers beautifully, and looks and feels as though you don't have any make-up on at all. And it does improve the condition of your skin over time. Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals.

It is kind of pricy - but a little goes a long way. I have tried a couple of the drug store brands and they do not come close to the real thing. Best deal for a first time user is the starter kit as it includes the brushes you will need. To purchase it all separately is just too expensive. You can get the starter kit at bareminerals.com (they do take a while to ship) or at sephora.com (ships much faster)

I started with the Sheer Cover - I don't like to wear heavy makeup - I do have vitiligo which means areas of my face have no pigment. This is definitely better than heavy coverups for me, and lasts longer (nothing lasts all day for me).
    But ordering it from the infomercial, I ended up getting a monthly shipment. I hate those. Just let me get it when I want to.

I do use the minerals from Bare Essential now - I like their mineral powder better and can just pick it up at the local Ulta store. but I still have some of the sheercover concealer that I use. haven't tried Bare Essentials concealer - one of these days.

I love the Bare Escentuals stuff. I use the Bare Minerals foundation in fair, just a little bit swirled on with a brush gives good coverage. It lasts me all day, never gets oily or greasy feeling, and it doesn't "melt" off in the heat here. No liquid foundation has ever stood up as well for me (and I've tried them all, I'm a makeup junkie ).

I've also started using their eyeshadow colors. They're very heavily pigmented so you don't need a lot, and like the foundation, it stays put and doesn't crease. I get most of my stuff from Sephora, too.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread