+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

does anyone here use an 'online savings account'? i'm not talking about online banking where you access your bank ... i'm talking about accounts like these.

if you do utilize something like this, what are your thoughts or experiences?

JR.

I've been using both ING and Emigrant Direct for about a year now, and haven't had any problems at all. They were really easy to set up too.

I've been using ING Direct for about five or six years and I haven't had any problems either. User friendly, and I really like that I get a higher interest rate than I would from, say, B of A.

The only new appliance I have ever purchased is a Maytag QuietSeries 300 (from Sears). It's the only one that would fit under my old countertop. And I love it! My parents have had a Maytag for at least 35 years. Very few problems.

barefootdyke: I had no idea there were online savings accounts! Every day, I learn something new here...

gabriel: I'm sorry I didn't thank you for the Oreck info earlier. Thank you! I have not purchased anything.

rattus:
    Oven make good food when I buy it. Then oven make big fire. Fire burn down my kitchen. You no buy oven.

dknott: Meowza! I hope you get your money back. I've heard that Sandals was always awesome!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-14-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2752692;
    barefootdyke: I had no idea there were online savings accounts! Every day, I learn something new here...
    me neither, until a few weeks ago. i've just been thinking about them because my credit union pays 0.5% interest on my savings account, while these online places pay much more. i've been asking around on other boards i'm on and it appears a lot of people use them. i might have to look into it soon...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I see that WaMu also offers something like 5.1% (or they did a couple weeks ago) for online savings accounts... Stupid question, but how do these work? Can you withdraw your money at any time, or do they work like CDs?

I went to St. Lucia and stayed at a Sandals resort a few years ago--not the same one mentioned here--and had the most wonderful vacation. I hope all of them haven't gone downhill in that time as mentioned by the previous poster!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2752579;
    I've been using ING Direct for about five or six years and I haven't had any problems either. User friendly, and I really like that I get a higher interest rate than I would from, say, B of A.

I also enjoy ING. Plus, I signed up for ING via a certain 3rd party website (I was a referral?) and the 3rd party website gave me $30 for making an initial $1 deposit into my "ING Orange" account.

I have to rave because I was skeptical at first. I just finished using the Crest 14 day white strips. They're a twice daily 30 minute strip you wear on your teeth and yes, they're time consuming, but they WORK and work so extremely well that anyone thinking of using them, do. I highly recommend them.

I want to try the 5 minute strips because I have a huge issue about not being able to drink during 30 minutes. I am always sipping water or soda or something.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover, even on the package of the 5 min strips it recommends that you do not eat or drink for at least half an hour after using them. Hubby had to plan his 'whitening routine' very carefully.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread