+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1019
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

  1. #431
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2659933;
    Has anyone bought the Oreck XL air purifyer that is advertised? It is supposed to work better than anything else one the market especially for allergies, dust and I would hope cat hair? There is a website that slams this product as it is not an air cleaner as they promote ,and suggests Austin Air, TRACS, and IQ Air. None of which are available here.

    I have an old gravity furnace that has no filter whatsoever. The air flow in the house is terrible. The windows are basically painted shut. I know that my kitties and I are breathing in a lot of dust and dander. Any suggestions?
    Never heard of it, but did a search and the second page that linked on google was this:

    The Real Truth About The ORECK XL Air Purifier

    Check this out: hunter is a well known name:
    AirShack.com: Floor Air Purifier
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-10-2007 at 08:14 PM.

  2. #432
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2625884;
    RE: Sandals/Beaches Resorts

    I would like to hear your experience(s)... Really! Good or bad! My fiance and I are looking into to doing something like this. (and for those of you who read my story in the "Talk About Your Troubles" thread, he and I talked and we're doing better)

    Anyhoo, I've been "researching" the pros and cons of these resorts. For me, it's got "too good to be true" stamped all over. I like that the prices, although hefty, includes food, drinks, certain entertainment and whatnot... A friend told me about Apple Vacations but the amenities doesn't compare to Sandals/Beaches.

    Any input you all have would be greatly appreciated.

  3. #433
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by dknott;2734928;
    My husband and I have recently returned from a wedding/honeymoon from hell, from the Sandals Regency Golf and Spa resort in St. Lucia.

    The too good to be true feeling you have is so true. Nothing is like the brochure or the website. They over sold everything. We booked our trip almost a year in advance and then when we get there they dont have our villa available and all the perks that we were supposed to get with the extra 1700.00 we paid for the wedding, we did not get. The resort is in bad shape. Cracks in the wall, mold on the curtains, and around the vents, around the pool area. Its horrible. They have major rat problems. I had problems with the management there, and i am still having problems trying to get a refund. Please whatever you do, dont go there. If you are booking through a travel agency, make sure they have been to the resort, ask them if they like 5 star amenties or 2-3 star. Even though we have everything in writing, and a travel agent who said i am owed a refund from the resort, i really dont think we will get a refund. I would never recommend GoGo Tours or any Sandals/Beaches resort to anyone. It was a trip from Hell.

  4. #434
    FORT Fogey veejer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,402

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Our 17 year old refrigerator has died. Fortunately, we have an extra in the basement for pop, etc., but we need to replace the one in the kitchen SOON.

    It is a side-by-side and for the space we have that is probably what we will have to replace it with. We haven't had to buy a refrigerator in years, so have been doing some fast research. We have read the May 2007 article in Consumer Reports and been to one independent appliance store, but I'd appreciate input from FORTers on any good or bad experiences with purchasing/repairing refrigerators.

    The one that we liked the best so far is a GE, model number GSH25JFTWW, for $939. However, it has an in the door ice/water dispenser, and believe it or not (the salesman didn't), I don't like them. He said that they still make them without, but that they cost more. I've explored a little on the GE website and that appears to be true. Crazy!!!!

  5. #435
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2746156;
    The one that we liked the best so far is a GE, model number GSH25JFTWW, for $939. However, it has an in the door ice/water dispenser, and believe it or not (the salesman didn't), I don't like them. He said that they still make them without, but that they cost more. I've explored a little on the GE website and that appears to be true. Crazy!!!!
    We have the same issue. We want the side-by-side without the ice dispenser, but they are few and far between. It is ridiculous - it must cost them more to make, but they charge less for it.

    Another thing I find bothersome about fridges and other appliances is that the EnergyStar ones also cost more - a lot more. We will be getting one anyway, but as far as I'm concerned, all appliances should be EnergyStar and should be a reasonable price.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #436
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    I'm going to be shopping for a new washing machine before too long. Any die-hard Maytag or Whirlpool fans out there with good advice? My washer right now is a 10 year old Maytag.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  7. #437
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2746226;
    We have the same issue. We want the side-by-side without the ice dispenser, but they are few and far between. It is ridiculous - it must cost them more to make, but they charge less for it.

    Another thing I find bothersome about fridges and other appliances is that the EnergyStar ones also cost more - a lot more. We will be getting one anyway, but as far as I'm concerned, all appliances should be EnergyStar and should be a reasonable price.
    I bought new appliances in August when I bought my new house... we had an issue with fridge height in the alcove designed for it. We wanted a side-by-side, but they were all too tall, or else the cubic feet available went waaaay down to the point it wasn't realistic for our needs. We ended up with a regular freezer-on-top EnergyStar model that we like, but spent as much on it as a decent side-by-side. I hadn't bought a new fridge in many years, so I was pretty surprised at what they cost anymore... and we're not talking about the stainless fancy-shmancy models, either. Just normal appliances with normal features. It amazed me.

  8. #438
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2747121;
    I bought new appliances in August when I bought my new house... we had an issue with fridge height in the alcove designed for it. We wanted a side-by-side, but they were all too tall, or else the cubic feet available went waaaay down to the point it wasn't realistic for our needs. We ended up with a regular freezer-on-top EnergyStar model that we like, but spent as much on it as a decent side-by-side. I hadn't bought a new fridge in many years, so I was pretty surprised at what they cost anymore... and we're not talking about the stainless fancy-shmancy models, either. Just normal appliances with normal features. It amazed me.
    Well, the plus side of that is that you should make up in energy bills what you spent for the appliance in the first place. I did some research to determine whether it made sense, environmentally as well as in savings, to spend the extra money for the EnergyStar, and apparently it does, big time. Checking the appliance's (unfortunately, can't remember the specific make and model) energy usage against a non ES model and then again against my electric bills indicated that the extra spent on the appliance would be paid back in savings over the course of not much more than one year.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #439
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2747231;
    Well, the plus side of that is that you should make up in energy bills what you spent for the appliance in the first place. ...{snip} ... my electric bills indicated that the extra spent on the appliance would be paid back in savings over the course of not much more than one year.
    I forgot to mention that the salesman "sold" us with that line - "One year in energy savings to make up the difference in cost..." Glad to hear it wasn't just a BS line!

  10. #440
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: FORTers' consumer reports

    All I will say is this -- we purchased a Maytag washing machine this last time and it is by far the worst washing machine we have ever owned! I absolutely hate it and cannot wait until we replace it. It will not balance no matter what we try - repairman and all - and is always off-kilter if the load is not balanced completely. Never again!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.