+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Thanks Rattus, for asking that question. My vac just died and I have wondered if the Dyson was worth the expense. With 3 cats and 1 dog we have lots of fur and hair. Sounds like this is the right one for me also.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

I like my Dyson a lot! We had a fair amount of drywall work done recently and it has done a great job getting it out of our carpets without filtering it back into the room throught the exhaust. I find it is bulky to carry upstairs, too, but so was my Hoover. It's just the nature of an upright, I think. The hose has great suction power, too. As an interesting (to me ) side note, I saw Sir Dyson (yeah, "Sir") on The Big Idea. I think the theme that night was "Never Give Up". Anyway, Dyson said he made 5,000 models and prototypes before hitting on one that worked the way he wanted it to. When he says he "thinks things should work properly", he means it!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

We use them at a few of our clients houses and they are great. My friend that cleans with me bought the animal dyson and really loves it. She has 3 indoor cats. She got hers at a vacuum store. They sell both used and new models at that store-as well as do repairs there. People turn in their vacuums that they don't use any more for whatever reason. Her model was only about a year old and had all the attachments that looked like they hadn't been used at all. She only paid $300 for it. But I would recommend them even at full price.

I think Target had the lowest prices on them, but that may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2476666;
    I have a product question: Does anyone own a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner? I bought a Dirt Devil recently and am really disappointed with it. Subsequent research into vacuums indicates that the Animal would probably be the right one for me since they are apparently the best at picking up pet hair. But they are $600 and I'm loathe to spend that much on something else that will disappoint me, so I'm looking for opinions based on the experiences of the good people of FORT.

Thanks!
    My friend has one and her husband has not vacuumed in the 15 years they've been married. Since they bought theirs....she has used it twice. He beats her to it! They love it and they have one large dog and 4 cats and 3 sons. So....8 animals total...9 if you count the hubby!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Dyson's are the BEST, hand's down. After purchasing cheaper vacuums, we finaly purchased a Dyson and it's worth every penny.

We have 2 indoor, long haired cats, we vacuum at least twice a week and the Dyson gets all the fur balls floating around.

I went to Wal-Mart today and bought some new dog shampoo. I found this stuff called Pet-Pro antibacterial deodorizing shampoo. It's Green Apple scented. It smells so good and my dogs are so shiny! If anyone has stinky dogs you should try it!

Yes, I have two stinky dogs...and I'm going to try that! Thanks for the tip!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2500238;
    Yes, I have two stinky dogs...and I'm going to try that! Thanks for the tip!

One of mine is a Dachshund and she is the stinkiest of the two!

Has anyone had any experience with the Roomba vacuum cleaner, especially with pet hair?

Facebook is a good place to sell your used items.
    I listed my daughter's dresser last night and I've had 6 inquiries already today. I will probably sell it by the end of the day.
    It's free to list and you can add as many pictures as you like. As you can also see the people that are interested in it you can easily tell the yahoos that it's been sold.

+ Reply to Thread