+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Just want to say this is a great informative thread!

Swiffer Fan

I have to admit that Swiffer is one of the best inventions ever! I use to hate cleaning the floors but now in between the hand scrubbing you can use Swiffer and it looks like you spend hours cleaning.

Here is a sign up for a $5.00 off coupon for the wet jet system:

http://www.startsampling.com/sm/4241...m=4241&source=

Thank for telling the disposable toilet brushes really work. I finally bought one (scrubbing bubbles one), and it's great. Also, this will solve the toilet brush as a toy problem in our household...

One product I can not live without: Scotch Brite microfiber cloth, they work dry and wet, and take almost anything off anywhere, from dust to crayons to grease. And they last a long time because they can be just tossed to washing machine once they seem not to get clean by rinsing alone, and they are good as new again.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I am always tempted by the Ionic Breeze...does anyone have one? I have allergies, and wonder if this thing works or not.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I am always tempted by the Ionic Breeze...does anyone have one? I have allergies, and wonder if this thing works or not.
    There is a whole thread on that. Never tried it myself, but the reviews in that thread are pretty scathing.

Ionic Breeze

I dated a heavy smoker once and his Ionic Breeze worked really well on eliminating smoke. No blue room, no burning eyes, no headache, virtually no odor. I was impressed.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I love my Swiffer Wet Jet.. and this is a ringing endorsement if there ever was one... I have 5 kiddos under 4 running around my house and it's saved me so much time!!

It's quick to pick up spills, you can get around/under just about anything and I love that the dirty pads go in the trash and you aren't just spreading dirt around. There is practically zero drying time and the Swiffer Solution has a nice scent to it.
    My only complaint is that I use it so often that it does get a little expensive. I think I paid $8.50 CDN for 24 replacement pads and it's just under $4 for every bottle of solution - they say it lasts up to 3 months but I go through one about every second week.. sometimes I can stretch it to 3 weeks.
    I love it .. but I might be willing to give it up for the Hoover Floor Mate.
    My first bottle of solution lasted less than a week! I couldn't get to the store one day and was desperate, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the bottle and refilled it with water and vinegar, which is what I usually use on my wood floors. It worked great, and I haven't been back to replace the refill bottle ever since. They make it impossible to fill it from the top, but the hole on the bottom trick works great!

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I'm in awe of the miraculous cleaning powers of OxiClean. Seriously. That stuff works, especially if you've got pets with bladder-control problems.
    I was curious about the ingredients of OxiClean actually are, so I did a little research. It's basically a powdered form of hydrogen peroxide, mixed in with soda ash (or washing soda). You can buy bottles of hydrogen peroxide for about $1.00, but it's only a 3% solution (somewhat milder than the strength they use in OxiClean). If you have a blood stain, just pour hydrogen peroxide directly on the stain, then wash. It's what hospitals use! Soda ash (or washing soda) can be found in supermarkets quite easily ... it's made by Arm & Hammer. I've used OxiClean in my carpet cleaner, which worked well, but I've had better luck pre-treating the stains with hydrogen peroxide, then using vinegar and water. No soap, no sticky residue, and the carpets look great!

on vacation
    Excellent detective work there, Mimi!!! I always wondered about the Oxi-Clean because when you put it on grass stains or blood, you get that white foam.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Can anyone recommend what is best for removing pet stains from carpets? How about pet odors? There are a million products out there, I've tried a couple that I haven't been too happy with.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread