+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Does anyone own a front-loader washer, and absolutely love it?? Im going to be searching for a washer before too long, and I still think I want a classic top-loader. Some Ive talked to love theri front-loaders, and some say never again would they own one.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I just recently bought a new washer and went with a top loader because a front-loader can't be opened while it's operating and I'm forever going back to drop in "just one more" item that I found on the floor, under a bed, in a closet...
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2451316;
    I just recently bought a new washer and went with a top loader because a front-loader can't be opened while it's operating and I'm forever going back to drop in "just one more" item that I found on the floor, under a bed, in a closet...
    My front loader has a light on it that when lit, you can pause the cycle and add more items. When the light goes off, you can still pause and add something, but I guess it won't be as clean.

I have to say, I like mine. I have the Whirlpool Duet with the pedestals that have the drawers underneath. The drawers I love. It also holds a bigger load and the dryer dries like nothing I've ever seen. It's pretty quick. We've noticed a difference in our water bill, as well. Mine even holds our King size comforter. We've had it for three years and the only thing I don't like is...sometimes washclothes or socks get stuck in the rubber casing around the drum. It doesn't cause a problem, but while in there, the washer doesn't spin the water out, so you have to wring the items out by hand. Not really a big deal, but it irritates me. My favorite thing is...there are separate compartments for the soap, bleach and fabric softner, so you just put it all in and forget about it.

that sounds like a great washing machine! We didn't even look at them in the store because it was an unplanned purchase and didn't have the funds.
    The big negative about my top-loader is that I loathe the center tower in it - sheets and larger towels get wound around it and it's a struggle to get them out.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I dont have a problem with anything getting wrapped around the center tower, but I do have loads that keep going off balance! I hate this. Every time my washer drains water from a load..after it's washed, OR rinsed, it throws the clothes off balance. My hubby tried to level the machine, but nothing has worked. It's really irritating, cause other than that, it really cleans well, yet.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2448803;
    I use the Tide Febreze scented version, and love it! I particularly like the scent of the one with the purple cap.
    You can use your softener and make your own "faux febreze" to spray around your house. Use a new or used, clean softener bottle, 32oz., fill with water and mix in 1 to 4 tablespoons of your favorite softener (depending on how much scent you want, I use 4 tablespoons) and voila, you have your own "Febreze" to make your whole house smell clean and fresh. So far I haven't had any staining on furniture or curtains, but check your fabrics just to be sure. If you have pets, spray it on your carpet and it helps reduce static cling...pet hair comes up much easier!

I am also looking for something to help keep "non carpeted" floors clean. At the moment I am using the old fashion mop and a shop vac. Shop vac is great for the power it has for sucking up junk, but hate lugging it around and hate the short cord. I need something not as bulky. Going to have to try one of the wet mops or something.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I have a front load washer and absolutely love it. It's so much quieter than a top load and there's no more "walking" across the floor because the load gets unbalanced. I think the clothes come out much cleaner as well. It's also energy efficient, because it uses much less water than a top load. My washer has a pause button that you hit so that it stops in the middle of the cycle so you can add more clothes. Then you just hit the start button again and it picks up where it left off. I don't think I'll ever get a top load again.

I have a product review.

I bought my first pair of eyeglasses online. I was kind of nervous..these are my eyes I'm talking about.

I went with 39dollareyeglasses.com (not completely sure of that name). I had my Rx in hand, they explained how to measure, etc. They ended up costing like $43 and were here in a week. I didn't have to do any adjusting, they fit perfectly. I also have had a hard time in the past finding a style that looks good on me. So I went with a shape that had worked before. But they were so inexpensive, I'm going to order some prescription sunglasses. I highly recommend them.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Question - Anybody have Pergo floors? We're getting either Pergo or hard wood in the living/dining room in our house. I'm undecided which to get. My husband wants the "real" hard wood, but I'm leaning more towards the Pergo. I hear it's much easier to maintain and keep clean. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2467619;
    Question - Anybody have Pergo floors? We're getting either Pergo or hard wood in the living/dining room in our house. I'm undecided which to get. My husband wants the "real" hard wood, but I'm leaning more towards the Pergo. I hear it's much easier to maintain and keep clean. Anyone?
    We have laminate flooring and really regret doing it. First off, you can't slop water on it to wash or it can seep into the seams and ruin it. Second, should you ever chip, crack or scratch it, you can't refinish it, unlike real hardwood. And third, no matter what they say, it doesn't look as good as the real thing. On the plus side, stuff (dirt, etc) doesn't stick to it as easily as it does to wood, but that's not enough of a payoff as far as I'm concerned.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread