+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 106 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2448408;
    roseskid - There is HE detergent for front loading machines. However, the only difference is that it's a less sudsing version. If you use regular detergent but use about half what you would for a top loading machine, you'll be fine. (A very useful hint given to me by my SIL when I got my front loader.)
    I do the same thing, ScoutMom. Also, if the load is particularly dirty, I add a shake or two of baking soda (just ordinary baking soda), and believe it or not, it works - also makes the clothes a bit softer.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I hate to do two in a row, but I went with this:

Dirt Devil.com - Product Detail

For me, it seemed better than a carpet sweeper (I do have one of those), because it's all bare floor that I want to do each day. And I misspoke, in that I don't actually have hardwood floors. They are that laminate stuff (I truly regret not spending the extra money, in retrospect), which is quite soft.

It's plugged in for the initial 24 hour charge period, so if anyone's interested, I'll post up again how it works out.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I use the Tide Febreze scented version, and love it! I particularly like the scent of the one with the purple cap.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Thanks for the info on the front loading machines.

MT, I'm glad you found something that will work for you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Miss Thing that looks great! Please let us know how well it picks up dust and such, I think I'd like something like that.

I use the Tide with Febreeze too and I really like the scent.

I came to sing the praises of CoverGirl Volume Exact mascara. It does exactly what it claims. It adds volume without clumps. I can also add that it does not dry up and flake (like the L'oreal Volumizing mascara does) I have very long lashes so it can be a pain to have smudgy/flakey/clumpy mascara.

Duxxy I use that mascara! I refuse to buy any other brand these days. I have very pale lashes that you can barely see so for weddings or evenings out, I'll put more coats on to really make them stand out and even then...it doesn't clump. So....I'll praise it right along with you!

While I'm here.... I've tried so many face washes and nothing works. Everything overdries my skin (I have combination skin) so the oily zone ends up producing more oil and causing breakouts and I get flaky skin on my cheeks because they are 'normal'. I even tried Proactive. It cleared my skin but didn't help with the oil. I tried the generic brand (Equate) of the Neutrogena oil-free wash and by gosh! It works! My skin is clear and it doesn't make it tight or dry. Plus, it's pretty cheap! My sons have acne and it's clearing up their skin, too.

As far as facial cleansers go, I love the facial soap bar 'Basis'. It really keeps my skin nice and smooth and clear. I use the antibacterial 'Basis'.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2346624;
    Those not so bright types at Ganz opened up the Webkinz market to the USA but did not anticipate demand! Every Canadian warehouse is cleared and webkinz are not supposed to be available again until June!
    One of my little ones has a birthday at the end of this month and all she wants is a friggin webkinz. So I went on eBay to get her one. People are selling them for 3 times the SRP. I lucked out and I actually got 3 of them for under $15 each (i'll be putting the other 2 away for other occasions).

Beware - if you are looking for Webkinz you are probably out of luck for quite a while unless you are willing to fight for them on eBay.
    I think they are back in stock now but if not we happend to find some behind security at a gift shop in the airports of all places. So if you are going on a trip or know someone who is look there. I called a friend when I saw them and she had me get some for her upcoming b-days on the way back.

Thanks for the heads up. They have been restocked in fact... but at a higher price (go figure) They created their own supply/demand scenario and they are reaping the rewards! Each Webkinz has jumped at least $2 in price here. I finally got the Persian Cat that my daughter has been begging for. I'll be bringing it with me when I meet up with her and my husband this week for holidays.

If anybody needs any reviews on Nikon DSLR or lenses, feel free to ask! I have 4 lenses and have been using my Nikon for about a year now. Canon over Nikon? Depends upon who you ask. Each has their loyal and very vocal supporters, obviously I'm going to be in Nikon camp.

+ Reply to Thread