+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Deals & Duds

Have you ever wanted to try products or services that you were unsure of, or have you actually tried them and regretted it?
    Well, hopefully this is the place where we can all help each other out! What should we purchase and what would be a huge waste of money?
    Those are the questions...

Whether it's some Get Rich Quick deal, a weight loss program, some "AS SEEN ON TV" thinga madoodle, something you bought on a home shopping channel, something purchased from an infomercial or just from a regular TV ad... I could probably speak for all when I say we could all use the advise sometimes, and it would sure be nice to get it if we can.

Would the purchase suit our needs, be too expensive, worth the money, not worth the money or be just a plain "old fashioned Rip-Off?"
    Please share your info about various products and services and either praise them or warns us all to take cover!!

This idea for a thread actually started today... I ordered a "Free!" CD about "Transforming Debt into Wealth."
    Yeah, yeah, I hear all ya'll sayin' "Sucker!" Hey, it was "Free!"
    Anywho, I finally have time to listen to this CD after all this time, and I put it on....nothing there, nada, it doesn't play...
    The CD not working might be a Red flag, ya think?

Now, what I would like to know is, do any of you know about the program on the CD?
    I would like to know what my Free CD couldn't/wouldn't tell me and if it's a Deal or A Dud!

Here's the link to the webpage that I did a "Google" on.
    Debt elimination and Transforming Debt Into Wealth with John Cummuta

My Deal recommendation: The Swiffer Wet Jet Mop! I love it!!
    I've had it over a year and it still works just as well as it did when I bought it. btw, the cleaner (smells so good) and with the cleaning pads you really do have that clean mop for every room! IMO it's not that pricey, although it could be to some. I'm basing my opinion on the results you get in return which is money well spent. Check your local Wally World for prices.

Thanks in advance and please post Deals & Duds here!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 05-08-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I'm looking for something along the lines of a Swiffer Sweep and Vac, but not a Swiffer Sweep and Vac, . I have one of those, and loved it for the first six months or so, but now I cannot shut it off, so I have to let the battery run down. That's loud and inconvenient.

I need something very light weight that I can use daily for a quick run over hardwood and granite floors that have become covered with cat hair in the last 24 hours. I'd prefer something bagless.

I have a wonderful full size vacuum (Dyson Animal), but I hate to drag that around every day, so I'm wanting something to just do a quick job, and that will stand up for more than six months.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2326308;
    I came in here to mention the new scented Tide detergents. I've loved Tide's smell for as long as I can remember, but their new commercials for the Simple Pleasures line caught my attention. I broke down and bought the lavendar/vanilla one (the purple bottle)this past weekend, and oh my, the scent is heavenly. Even days later, our sheets still smell wonderful, and as a bonus the laundry room does too.

Indulge Your Simple Pleasures from TideSimplePleasures.com
    I used these after all the high recommendations on here. I tried the one in the pink bottle and I absolutely love it. I love the way my clothes smell after being washed and dried in this stuff. Great recommendation FORTers!

I did too. I got the lavender/vanilla and it smells terrific. The whole house smells great when I wash clothes now.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Miss Thing how about an old fashioned carpet sweeper?

Are guys going to appreciate the scent of clothes washed in this?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2447637;
    Are guys going to appreciate the scent of clothes washed in this?
    My boyfriend washed a load of laundry at my house a few weeks ago... complaining the whole time about the "sweet" smelling detergent. (Pink bottle Tide - can't remember what scent it is...) After he took his clothes home, I never heard another word from him about it. Then this past weekend I was doing laundry at his place, and lo and behold, there on the shelf was a pink bottle of Tide... I guess even boys like to smell good, though they may have a hard time coming to terms with that!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2447629;
    I did too. I got the lavender/vanilla and it smells terrific. The whole house smells great when I wash clothes now.

I broke out in a rash when I tried one of them. No fancy scented Tide for me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MT, I have no recommendations for you, but I'm sure someone here will.
    Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2350561;
    What annoys me is they don't make these scents for HE. I have a front loader and have a heck of a time finding soap for it. I get to choose between Tide and Gain. Regular scents. There are other brands, but our local stores don't sell them. I also cannot find the really large boxes or bottles anywhere. You can use the regular ones, but that defeats the purpose of whole machine, as it supposed to save on water and the regular soaps need more rinsing time.
    Wait...what? Are you saying the front loading machines need special detergent? Wow, am I out of the loop.

Star, I'm sorry you have delicate skin, and can't use these detergents.

RG, it's hilarious your boyfriend griped, then went out and bought it, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid - There is HE detergent for front loading machines. However, the only difference is that it's a less sudsing version. If you use regular detergent but use about half what you would for a top loading machine, you'll be fine. (A very useful hint given to me by my SIL when I got my front loader.)

+ Reply to Thread