+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

I have been using the Pantene Restoratives shampoo and conditioner for about 3 months now. I love it, but have to switch out with Pantene Brunette Expressions. The Restoratives, after about two weeks, makes my hair start too look greasy. It doesn't feel greasy, it just looks like it. I have also tried the Ice Shine, love it and love the smell of it. Next is going to be the Time Renewal they just came out with. I am a Pantene junky.

Duxxy, your price for Pantene is about $3 higher than where I live. OUCH.

I also use Purex detergent and have for years now.

In the hardware section at Wal-Mart, they carry Rubbermaid commercial strength cleaners. I have tried the bathroom cleaner, toilet cleaner and the grease remover. These products are awesome! Around about $4 a bottle. I now use the grease remover for the laundry. Mr. Melitta loves to work on cars and is always covering his clothes in oil and vehicle grease. Getting the oil and grease stains out is no longer a problem with the grease remover. It works well on all oil base stains, such as spagetti and butter.
    Last edited by Melitta; 09-22-2006 at 06:36 PM.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Does anybody have a recommendation for a good "spot treatment" type of carpet cleaner? One of my cats occasionally throws up his food, and I usually don't see it until I step in it. I'll try and get as much of it up as I can with a paper towel then use a damp washcloth and lightly blot the area. But since my vision is so poor, I'm not sure if I'm doing any good, and thought if I added one more cleaning step to the process, I'd be sure to get it all up.

Any suggestions?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I like Prosolve .... right now I have the spray bottle ~ which I like, but I actually prefer the Aerosol can that foams up when you spray it on.
    ---------------------
    opps....

On the job we've used both Resolve and Woolite w/oxy cleaners. Both seem to work very well. The Woolite smells really good if that matters!

This stuff is amazing and cheap!

http://www.folexcompany.com/

In Canada I have only found it at Crappy Tire (9.99 for a huge bottle) and is often sold out so when I do come accross it I will buy a couple bottles. It's totally non-toxic so you don't have to worry about pets, kids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    On the job we've used both Resolve and Woolite w/oxy cleaners. Both seem to work very well. The Woolite smells really good if that matters!
    Actually, what it smells like REALLY matters to me. Thanks, and thanks to everyone else for their suggestions.

Well, I have been using the Time Renewal by Pantene for about a week now. Can't say that I am thrilled with it. My hair has more flyaways and looks drier than normal. I just had my hair cut, so this shouldn't be the case. It is also hard too comb out when it is wet. Lots of tangles. I am sticking with the Restoratives, Brunette Expressions and Ice Shine. Between those three, I should never have build up from one product.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta, I used Patene shampoo and conditioner for years and was always happy with it. Now I use Redken 'All Soft' and LOVE it.

Help please.
    I am "restoring" a crib that was last used 25 years ago. All parts are there surprisingly, but the wooden parts have a redish stain on them. The crib is painted white. Anyone with experience refurbishig an old crib. I am not sure whether one of the kids wants this crib or whether it will just stay at Grandma's. The crib seems to still meet safety standards.
    I found a place on line that could replace one of the brackets that hold up the springs (Products America 800/772-1041. They have "old hardware and pieces for cribs and kits for do it yourself), but I am a bit concerned about the stains, which I an suspecting is someking of mold.
    I haven't tried anything yet. Any other advice would be appreciated.
    jelle
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I use Pantene's products too. I always buy the big bottles from Costco. But if my hair needs extra conditioning, I always use Aussie's 3 minute miracle. It's pretty inexpensive and works pretty well. I think the hair dresser who did my hair once was shocked when I said I used it...

Also, I tend to like Garnier Nutrisse hair spray. It doesnt have that aweful smell lots of aroesol sprays have *has bad flashbacks of her grandma's AquaNet hairspray fumes*.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread