+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

I'm in awe of the miraculous cleaning powers of OxiClean. Seriously. That stuff works, especially if you've got pets with bladder-control problems.
    Also, I'm also a slave to my Seal-A-Meal, my Sonicare toothbrush and my new garlic peeler. It's a little rubber tube and you put the clove inside and roll it and, voila, the skin is off. Big bitch, though: That 10-cent rubber tube retails for like $8 bucks, so you might want to make your own.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

on vacation
    Also anyone interested in stain removal, I heartily endorse Greased Lightning. That takes out anything from red clay on baseball uniforms to blood and grass stains. It's also great for pet clean up.

I just squirt it on what I want to clean and let it sit. Then I either wash the item in the washer or if it's furniture or something like that, take a wet cloth and wash it out.
    Windex is also very amazing on stains. Expecially on carpet.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

thanks dagwood!
    I think I'll give the magic erasers a try .. I'm pretty sure there's a coupon on their website for $1 off and they are only about $2 in the first place.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Mr. Clean Erasers

I LOVE these!!! They sure make cleaning off the tiles & stuff in the house much easier, I even use them in the shower and stuff & it just really rocks! Everything in our house is white from walls to counters to floors, so this little invention is awesome.
    I absolutely AGREE!! Mr. Clean Erasers are the best!! My counters have never been so clean, and I agree, the elbow grease I use is really no more/no less than what I would use with a sponge as well.

Space Bags Love them! We have several different sizes, and this has saved us so much room! We frequently have guests, so we have probably 8 or 9 extra pillows on hand . . . they would literally fill up one closet. We put them in the space bag, and wa-la! They are now flat as pancakes and are under the bed! We've also used them for comforters and sleeping bags.

Swifer Wet Jet Gotta jump on this bandwagon, too! Love it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I bought the Winsor Pilates videos and have been doing them for about a month. They work great! My abs are in great shape!

I have also used the Swiffer Wet Jet and love it!

I don't like Oxi Clean, but have had fabulous luck with the Clorox knock off.
    Last edited by CopperPenny; 04-29-2004 at 02:11 PM.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Ohhh - also the Turbo Cooker! That thing is the greatest! Everything comes out so tasty!

Oh, and Crest White Strips! My teeth have never looked so white! Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by CopperPenny
    I don't like [U]Oxi Clean
    I'm with you on that one, CP - I don't like Oxi Clean either, but I am quite fond of Greased Lightning, which someone mentioned earlier.

And, just as an endorsement, I absolutely LOVE my Foodsaver!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I don't like Oxi Clean, but have had fabulous luck with the Clorox knock off.
    I totally agree with ya on that CP, I've used both the Oxi and Clorox versions and the Clorox stuff works much better for me.

Greased Lightning I'm on the bandwagon with as well. Whenever we have stuff at work that we can't seem to get clean that stuff does wonders. My only complaint on it is the slimy feeling on your hands afterwards that doesn't seem to wash away.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Oh, and Crest White Strips! My teeth have never looked so white! Excellent!
    Whitestrips are the best! (The Colgate paint-on stuff doesn't work!) I got in on a 3-month Whitestrip study last year and they whitened my teeth 7 shades!

For anyone who's thinking of trying them, here are a few pointers that some of us doing the study found:

1. Don't just wipe off the remaining gel after removing the strips. The residue can make your teeth really sensitive. (A brisk wind will curl your toes!) Get the gel off with a toothbrush and water.
    2. Try not to talk with them in. Friction from your lips won't let the gel 'sit' on your teeth and saliva will wash it away. Try and find a time where you're not going to move your mouth for 30 minutes. (A toughie for me! )
    3. Use plain toothpaste. Anything fancy with baking soda, peroxide, or whitening abrasives can really make your gums sore. The peroxide gel on the strips can be a little tough on the gums, fancy toothpastes can irritate them even more.
    4. The more you avoid coffee, colas and smoking, the longer the whitening lasts. It's been a year, and my teeth are still really white!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have to recommend swiffer dusters . They are just amazing for dusting , and are relatively inexpensive if you factor in washing dust clothes and buying the endust stuff. I'm always amazed when something that's advertised actually works.

Also in an unrelated pitch if you've ever considered going on a cruise - don't. Prison you can't escape from ...

+ Reply to Thread