+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

I just tried that new 'Spray N Wash' product for stains called - Spray N Wash Dual Power. It comes in a bottle of two separate cleaners..one is oxi cleaner. I had set-in stains in one of my shirts, and this stuff REALLY works like magic. Best stain remover I've found, yet. I really recommend it.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I just used one of those Scotch brite disposable toilet bowl scrubbers. Brilliant!!! Why did it take that long for them to come up with something like that? It was easy to use and not messy or anything.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have yet to try either of those, but I think I might on your recommendations.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    Also anyone interested in stain removal, I heartily endorse Greased Lightning. That takes out anything from red clay on baseball uniforms to blood and grass stains. It's also great for pet clean up.

I just squirt it on what I want to clean and let it sit. Then I either wash the item in the washer or if it's furniture or something like that, take a wet cloth and wash it out.
    I most definitely agree with this statement. My son has a WHITE baseball uniform and all ya gotta do is spray the good ole Greased Lightning on the red clay stains, mud stains, grass stains and viola....stains are gone bye bye!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

thanx for the info, dreaminginblond. I'll have to look for that stuff in the store. Some people even swear by Lestoil for stain removal, but I dont like the overpowering scent.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Has anyone tried the Magnetic Broom that is supposed to take up pet hair from your carpet? I've just about murdered my vacuum cleaner sucking up cat hair. It'd be nice to find something that gets up the cat hair without destroying my vacuum, which is till fairly new.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical - tell me more! I have dog hair on the carpet so bad the vacuum does nothing. I have to scoot around on my butt with a clothes brush and scrape and scrape away. Then a day later it is covered again. I'm about ready to get the poor sucker shaved!!!
    Count your blessings!

Critical and Gut - I don't know how big your carpets are, but the only thing that ever got the hair out of mine was when I took the cat brush too it - worked just as well on the carpet as on the cat.

Problem: Need a good moisturizer that really works and doesn't itrritate my skin. extremely dry (and sensitive) skin. Skin irritated by many scents added to typical lotion.

Tried: everything. Aveeno. VitaBath (love the smell). Vaseline. Eucerin. Bag balm. Nivea.

What has worked best? Olay's new Quench moisturizer. (in the purple bottle). This stuff is unbelievable. Even FINALLY cured my sore, chafing heels (better than straight petroleum jelly or Bag Balm even). Highly recommend you try it.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Critical - tell me more! I have dog hair on the carpet so bad the vacuum does nothing. I have to scoot around on my butt with a clothes brush and scrape and scrape away. Then a day later it is covered again. I'm about ready to get the poor sucker shaved!!!
    Gut - check out the link in my post. I think that is the product I saw in a commercial or infomercial. If it's the same product that I'm thinking of, you use it like a broom/push broom and it just takes up the pet hair. Of course, then you're left with a huge wad of hair, but at least it's not on your carpet anymore!

ETA: Glitter - my apartment is pretty big, so I'd go crazy trying to get up the hair with a cat brush. What I do now is put on some running shoes and use my feet to pill the hair up into big wads. It's really gross, but it gets the job done.... and I get a little work out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread