+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Pinkie - I like Oil of Olay Total Effects. It absorbs right in right away, and there is NO greasy feel to it at all.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Pinkie, I love Mary Kay - I use "Timewise" (I'm old ) but you could use their regular moisturizer for Normal to dry skin - I find their products terrific.
    I use the Timewise as well, but my daughter has been using the Mary Kay Velocity line for teens since she was 12 and has a gorgeous complexion. Very little acne to deal with. Not like me at her age (15). It might be a little pricey compared to store brands, but it is worth it.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Does anyone know of a good oil-free facial moisturizer? This stuff my dermatologist gave me for acne makes my face feel like the Sahara. Please help me!
    I love Cetaphil products. The lotion has sunscreen, and the cream comes in a 1 pound tub for about $11 at Walmart. I don't know if it's oil-free or not but I have moderately oily skin and it works great for me. It has no perfumes and does not feel greasy at all.

A follow-up on my DVD player. The Panasonic is in (my entertainment center) like Flynn, and all's well, but this weekend, we had unexpected company, including three toddlers, one of whom thought it was more fun to manually open and close the tray, including holding it after she pushed the "Open/Close" button, than to watch the Shrek I'd thrown on there for her.

It was quite a battle to numb my Seinfeldian OCD and gently coax her away with a smile instead of holding my head and wailing, "NOOO! Not the new DVD player!"
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Linen/Body Spray

For those that like Fabreeze and the like. I thought I would give you my recipe for making my own linen spray. It can also be used as a body spray.

60 drops (10 more if you like a stronger smell) of Essential Oils
    1/2 cup of distilled or spring water
    1/2 cup Everclear or High Proof Vodka

Blend the oils with the alcohol first. I usually put in a 10 oz. spray bottle and shake for about one minute. Add water slowly and shake to blend. Shake the bottle before each use.

The solution may be cloudy, this is normal and won't stain any fabric.

**For those that like specialized scents, pm me and I will give you a link to the site I buy mine from.

I just got my order of Miracle Cloths from Solutions and I have to say

I use so many paper towels when I clean - my place tends to get very dusty and I have two very hairy cats who shed everywhere. These cloths are incredible! They pick up dust off of everything AND they hold onto it! I even got dust off a stuffed animal (with Beanie Baby-type "fur") with it. If you rub them on furniture, they pick up cat hair too. Plus, when they get dirty, you just throw them in the wash. You get 3 for $9.50 - totally worth the price.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

on microfiber (I think Miracle Cloths are microfiber??). It works fabulously. I used to have a microfiber floormop (about Swiffer Max size), and I loved that, it picked all dog and cat hair of the floor better and faster than a vacuum. The washability of microfiber is a big bonus to me. I have Swiffer Max, which I love, but it is a pain to find refills (they have smaller size refills everywhere, but I like the wider version, and refuse to buy the small one ).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    on microfiber (I think Miracle Cloths are microfiber??). It works fabulously. I used to have a microfiber floormop (about Swiffer Max size), and I loved that, it picked all dog and cat hair of the floor better and faster than a vacuum. The washability of microfiber is a big bonus to me. I have Swiffer Max, which I love, but it is a pain to find refills (they have smaller size refills everywhere, but I like the wider version, and refuse to buy the small one ).
    Yep, they're made out of microfiber. They look sort of like terry cloth washcloths, but when you run your hand over them, you can feel the weave catching on your skin (this feels kind of weird). I have the Swiffer stuff too, but I hate how they get used up so quickly. I love that I can throw these cloths in the wash and they're as good as new. They also make dishcloths but they're a little more expensive. I may eventually break down and buy them too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just picked up Venus Vibrance ... actually, my husband picked it up for me. I was already using the regular Venus razor & thought "well, I've got one, why do I need a new one?" Well, I absolutely LOVE the new Venus! My legs are so smooth right now, I don't know why it seemed to shave so much closer, but there's definitely something there...

ANyway, just thought I'd share that cause...well, I'm just happy whenever someone invents something that make sucky chores better & more comfortable to do
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Okay FORTers...I need help. I would like to purchase a digital camcorder for my husband for Father's Day. Any suggestions? Places to buy? Models to avoid? Features that are a must? Willing to spend up to $500 or so - our camcorder is ancient and we're ready for a new one. Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread