+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by greycoatonawitc
    this may sound weird but i put a water soaked towel in the microwave for a 3-4 minutes....then let it set for about 20-30 minutes and the microwave wipes clean.
    I just boil some water in mine and it wipes clean. The bottom tray is removable and I hand wash that with dishsoap.

That is how i clean the microwave also. i also bought some orange wipes and i use them to wipe out the microwave any time there is a spill. i like them because they cut through grease and grime so well. i keep a pack by the stove to wipe it down any time i cook. So much easier to clean it up when it is fresh then having to do it later.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I use a bowl of water in mine..I heat it for a couple minutes, then let it sit in the microwave. It wipes up fast and clean.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I just ordered a McCullough steam cleaner the 1500 Watt model with the two wheels. Does anybody know how mmany amps that draws?

Wow how did I turn the word steam red? I make lots o typos but they are usually unimpressiive.

Okay so editing the message took the red letters away, I should have left it alone!
    Last edited by Candybar; 11-30-2004 at 03:15 AM.

i have wondered about that steam cleaner. let us know how it works...

i took my swifter vac out of lay away, cancelled the lay away, i guess i am glad i didnt buy it now. BUT it is such a great idea. i hope they fix the problem and come out with a new one.

To everyone that recommended the eraser, thanks!!!! It is the best invention i have ever seen. i like the new ones with the sponge...

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Do any of you guys have any advice on what to use for cleaning Microwave ovens? I need to give mine a REAL good scrubbing, but most soaps & stuff say "don't use in microwave" ... so I won't... lol. I have an oven rinsing type of soap, I wonder if that one will work or do any of you have any other suggestions?
    OvenOff, I believe, also has these wipes that they sell for that purpose. They come in a yellow box near all of the cleaning products.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I was curious as to which liquid laundry detergent you think fades clothes the least? I have some really nice sweaters that I don't want fading. I was just curious to know if any of you have preferences..thanks!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I always use Woolite and cold water for all my sweaters that aren't dry-cleaned. I've never had a fading problem. Otherwise I don't use liquid detergent.

Just a word of caution about the Black & Decker Auto Tape Measure. My husband saw a few ads for it before Christmas and was intrigued. As he is so hard to buy for, I got it for him at Target, without checking any customer reviews. Bad move. After the second time he extended the tape out, the motor started running sluggish and had trouble retracting it. Fortunately we were able to return it for a complete refund. I then checked out the customer reviews on Amazon and almost all of them were negative.

Which laundry pretreater do you prefer - Spray N Wash or Shout? Just curious what you think works better.

+ Reply to Thread