+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

It's true. I just got E-mail notification, as well. I love my Swiffer Vac and really don't want to send it back. The amazing thing is P&G is refunding $47.00. I only paid $24.00 for mine!

For the US, they're giving $40 back. Make sure you click on the US site if you're in the US, and don't fill out the canadian link above.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/swiffe...c/refund.shtml

Geez, I guess I can't read. I'll probably get $00.00 back.

After reading this thread earlier today, I went out and bought (among the usual groceries, et al) the Mr. Clean erasers, the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet bowl brush and Dove and Lady Speed Stick deodorants. If any of these are better than what I WAS using, I will have all of you to thank. Keep up the comments!

Next week: getting the Swiffer Wet Jet. I have laminate - faux hardwood floor in kitchen and dining room....will it be o.k. for that or should I do the old put a hole in the bottom and fill with vinegar and water that some of you recommended?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Are they recalling all the Swifter Vacs? They still have them on the shelves here... i just put one on layaway, i have not heard anything else about them besides they are very good. i will have to go check the link i guess. i am trying to catch up here tonight... i missed a few days and there are sure allot to catch up on in a few days, lol.
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I tried Kaboom on my showerstall/tub after reading about it here and all I can say is, "WOW!" My daughter couldn't believe it. The smell is tolerable, but I did end up with a headache.
    Count your blessings!

I bought some Kaboom after reading about it here, too. It works great, but does have a smell that's a little strong.

It also says not to use it on glass or aluminum, which means pretty much my entire shower is "off limits", but I used it on everything and it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Why couldn't I get the Shout gel to work for me? I've got boob-level salad oil stains on practically every one of my tops and nothing gets them out, including Shout. (By the way, shouting at the stain doesn't work, you have to actually apply the solution. Learned that the hard way.)
    Candor, when I worked at the newspaper back home, we used to get ink stains in our clothes from the newspaper, and I used Febreeze on all my clothes. It may work for your oil stained tops. Just spray some Febreeze directly on the spot and put in the washer. Good Luck!

I'm bummed about having to return my swiffer vac =( Dangit =/

Do any of you guys have any advice on what to use for cleaning Microwave ovens? I need to give mine a REAL good scrubbing, but most soaps & stuff say "don't use in microwave" ... so I won't... lol. I have an oven rinsing type of soap, I wonder if that one will work or do any of you have any other suggestions?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    I'm bummed about having to return my swiffer vac =( Dangit =/

Do any of you guys have any advice on what to use for cleaning Microwave ovens? I need to give mine a REAL good scrubbing, but most soaps & stuff say "don't use in microwave" ... so I won't... lol. I have an oven rinsing type of soap, I wonder if that one will work or do any of you have any other suggestions?

this may sound weird but i put a water soaked towel in the microwave for a 3-4 minutes....then let it set for about 20-30 minutes and the microwave wipes clean.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

+ Reply to Thread