+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Does anyone here have a iPod? I am really looking at getting one and I want one with 5,000 songs. What are the pros and cons for these and where can I get one the cheapest? Keeping in mind I live in Canada. I heard Costco is the cheapest...
    I recently purchased a mini-ipod too. Put most of the cdís I listen to on it and itís only half full. The ipods that Costco sells in their stores are the HP version although you can get the Apple version from Costcoís website. If you purchase from Costco you get a few items that are bundled with it plus 15 free songs.

Has anyone tried the iTrip FM Transmitter?

Burbs, I was checking out the iTrip Mini. It looks good. Not the hottest reviews ever, and you'd have to order it off the website because I can't find it anywhere, but for $40, it'd be nice to transmit to the FM radio.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I have an Archos 20 GB mP3 player. I love that thing! I have had it almost 2 years and it's still got some megs left!!!! It's heavy, and a little bulky compared to the ipods, but at the time the ipods were too expensive with that much storage space...

Conditioners for long tangly hair: I have a regimen: Aussie Mega Shampoo and Conditioner and EMF Fudge Conditioner (smells SO Good) and Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner. I've said on another thread that I have very "outgoing" hair. It loves to mingle and tangle with its friends, my seat belt buckle, anything within its reach -- ouch! .. So, most days I just shampoo with Moist, condition with Moist while running a comb through before rinsing... Two or three times a week I get in the shower with the intent of some serious detangling which involves "3 minute miracle" and combing starting from the bottom. I come out (30 minutes later) tangle free. Ugh. Redken gloss and Frizz Ease Cream are the best "hair is already dry" stuff.

Stain Removal: I love Zout! for clothes and Nature's Miracle for carpet. I want to try the stuff that smells like Trix Cereal from Target!

Bathroom: Method Cleaning products.

Deodorant: AXE. I know it's "for men" and I don't even sweat that much, but it smells so yummy and reminds me of my honey.

My swiffer kept falling off the handle.. Did I get a bad one? Is this a common problem? Am I just a spaz?

My own recommendation for the thread: Downy Wrinkle Reducer. This stuff is amazing! After a wash (Zout and Clorox Bleach) and dry (pretreating with some wrinkle reducer) I just leave them until I need them, put them on a hanger, spray this magic stuff, and either steam them while I'm in the shower, or just tug on them a little bit.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 11-22-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Why couldn't I get the Shout gel to work for me? I've got boob-level salad oil stains on practically every one of my tops and nothing gets them out, including Shout. (By the way, shouting at the stain doesn't work, you have to actually apply the solution. Learned that the hard way.)

Anyone know how to get rid of build-up from Secret deodorant?

Oh, and I've fallen in love with my Seal-a-Meal, a wonderful product that got no traction on this thread. Seriously. It is the coolest gadget! I vacuum-seal everything including leftovers. You come home, put the baggie in boiling water and you've got a tasty hot meal in minutes. Just sayin'.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Oh, and I've fallen in love with my Seal-a-Meal, a wonderful product that got no traction on this thread.
    Now I own one of these & love it... and its sole use is to save chicken breast from getting freezer burn. Nothing annoys me more than to have freezer burn on meat. Especially if its only been in the freezer for a week!

Stains: oil base stains... which in my case tends to be from lip stick or cars (oil, grease, crap they pick up going down the road)... the only thing that has ever worked for me is Simple Green.

I get a small juice glass and mix 2/3 Simple Green to 1/3 water... and a small tooth brush. I have used it straight from the bottle on darker clothes. But I would be leery of doing that to anything white.

I even had a entire tube of lip stick end up melted on the floor board of my truck's tan carpet.... and all it took was simple green and a cloth towel to get it out.
    Last edited by gaby; 11-23-2004 at 05:54 AM.

Why couldn't I get the Shout gel to work for me? I've got boob-level salad oil stains on practically every one of my tops and nothing gets them out, including Shout. (By the way, shouting at the stain doesn't work, you have to actually apply the solution. Learned that the hard way.)

to get rid of deodorant try vinegar and water.

as for the oil stains .. if you can get your hands on a bottle of Grime Eater ( I get mine at the grocery store - a chain that includes your independant grocer, loblaws, no frills) it's AWESOME - there is no stain it can't take out (except days old chocolate pudding)

ETA: http://www.grimeeater.com/
    Last edited by Duxxy; 11-23-2004 at 02:50 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Why couldn't I get the Shout gel to work for me? I've got boob-level salad oil stains on practically every one of my tops and nothing gets them out, including Shout.

Candor, I reviewed a product a while ago in this thread called SOILOVE. It gets out "nearly" everything, even if has already been washed and dried. It works great on ink, dirt, grass, wine, oil and grease, food, etc. This product is almost always sold out of our grocery store. When I see it, I buy about a dozen at a time. It costs $1.59 at Safeway. I use a generous amount on all stains, let it set just for a minute and toss the clothes in the wash. I have even gotten in the habit of just squirting it on to all of my daughters shirtfronts and sleeves because she is such a messy thing. I usually put a few squirts into the washer for good measure. I've used it on all sorts of fabrics without a problem. My husband swears by it for cleaning the rugs in the car, spots on the furniture and the carpeting in our kid's rooms. Best product I have ever used and I am "very" picky about my clothes.

Good Luck

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar

Secret stain removal - Have not tried yet, but it might work....

Oh, and I've fallen in love with my Seal-a-Meal, a wonderful product that got no traction on this thread. Seriously. It is the coolest gadget! I vacuum-seal everything including leftovers. You come home, put the baggie in boiling water and you've got a tasty hot meal in minutes. Just sayin'.
    Anyone know how to get rid of build-up from Secret deodorant?:
    I read an article somewhere that to get rid of built up deodorant is to try hydrogen peroxide. I think it said to soak area, lightly brush/scrub and then launder as usual. I haven't actually tried this yet but it could possibly work. I figured I would try it someday on an old blouse as a tester. Love Secret, but alas there is the build up problem on certain types of fabrics.

I have used Seal-A-Meal forever! Highly recommend it to any and all. Luckily I bought tons of refills bags a long time ago as I have noticed the price of them have really gone way up over the years. I will be long gone before I run out of those plastic rolls. Great way to divide up the massive portions of meat from Costco!

Had to snicker over the area of your usual stainage and the proper use of Shout. Anywho.... another one that I read was to fight oil with oil. Apparently it reactivates the set in oil and then you can treat stain??? Yeah, another one for a tester huh?

Good Luck!

I love the Shout Power gel, I think it's called. It's in an orange trigger bottle, and gets out any stain I use it on. I swear by this stuff.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Swiffer Recall

I remember reading in here many of you liked the Swiffer Vac, I got this email not that long ago (about 10 mins ) and I assure you it came from the right people, as such I will post the link for the 'click here' spaces.

Dear Friend of Swiffer,

Because you have expressed an interest in Swiffer products, we thought you'd want to know that we will be voluntarily recalling our new product, Sweep+Vac. The Sweep+Vac is our new battery-operated vacuum cleaner brought to you in September 2004.

However, we would like to reassure you that this product recall does not involve any of our other great Swiffer products.

We are very sorry to make this announcement, but we have identified an isolated Sweep+Vac product quality issue. Click here for complete details.

If you have this product at home, we are asking that you stop using the Sweep+Vac immediately and disconnect the Sweep+Vac by removing the top section of the handle. Click here to get instructions on how to disassemble your Sweep+Vac.

Even though this issue has been observed in just a few Sweep+Vac units, we have taken this voluntary measure to ensure the highest standards of quality, safety, and satisfaction by recalling Sweep+Vac as quickly as possible. If you have purchased a Sweep+Vac, we would like to provide you with a refund. Click here for refund instructions.

We would also like to thank the initial consumers who alerted us to this problem. We are very committed to delivering the highest standard of products and take these types of issues very seriously.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your continued support of Swiffer,

Kris
    The Swiffer Team
    Complete Details link http://www.homemadesimple.ca/swiffer...ac/press.shtml
    How to get a refund link http://www.homemadesimple.ca/swiffer...c/refund.shtml

+ Reply to Thread