+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Does anyone here have a iPod? I am really looking at getting one and I want one with 5,000 songs. What are the pros and cons for these and where can I get one the cheapest? Keeping in mind I live in Canada. I heard Costco is the cheapest...

I'm considering an iPod, too. The mini one, not the full-sized one. Something I can listen to on the plane, in the airport, and while at work in the cubicle farm.

I personally don't have an Ipod and don't need one, but from the people that I know that have one, love theirs. Easy to use and they have music where ever they go. I would reccomend getting it from an Apple Store (do they have those in Canada Clipse?) because they will let you return them with no questions asked.

Two people I know had problems with theirs regarding battery life and not being able to upload songs and the Apple Store took them back without a problem.

I know that Sony has an MP3 player out for a little more money but it has a much longer battery life and a color screen.

There is a thread in the Premium Lounge titled "Any Itune fans?" where a couple of people talked about their Ipod. I am not sure if I can copy what they said due to the fact that it is in the Premium Lounge.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Check out epinions for reviews, they are really helpful (Ipod): http://www.epinions.com/MP3_Digital_Audio_Players-Apple

(Sony's) http://www.epinions.com/pr-Sony_NW-H...splay_~reviews
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 10-31-2004 at 03:47 PM.

I don't think they have an Apple Store up here that I know of, but I will check it out. And sorry I mean an iPod mini too. I know someone who won it from the pepsi challenge and he had it break and sent it back no problem and got a new one. I am going to be getting a deck for my car soon and want it so I can hook it up there. Do I need the special cords for it and the stand?

Clipse, here are all the accessories you can get for your Ipod: http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html

Thank you everyone who recommended the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. We have a jacuzzi tub in our bathroom that is the hardest thing to clean. I don't think I ever really got the full soap scum off it until I tried the Eraser... My goodness is my tub ever clean now!!!!! Just colour me happy!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation
    The Febreze Scentstories player

WOW!!!!

I am so happy with this product - if you are in to candles/incense etc., you must buy this product (I hear that you can get one at Sams with 3 discs but I haven't verified this).

Anyway, I got mine at Wal-mart for around $32 and it came with a disc (the mountain one). It didn't take long for me to realize that I had bought one of the best things ever.
    Thank you for posting this. My bf and i have been talking about this but without knowing more about it i was really not wanting to spend the money for it (mostly because i probably have 15 or more candles around here that are perfectly good still). They do have it at Sams with three discs for just a little more then the Walmart price. i love candles, but i do like soft scents so thanks for rating the discs. i think the vanilla would be great for me, i would love the holiday one too.

bjb

Talking about the scent stories reminded me, don't buy the Glade wisp, it sucks! You can only smell it if you're 2 feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Has anyone used 'Shout Action Gel' for laundry stains? It comes in an orange little trigger spray bottle.This stuff works like magic. There hasn't been a stain that it couldn't remove, yet.
    i use it and your right, it works great. It gets out everything and it doesnt matter if i forget to spray it right when i take it off or not. i like the Shout Wipes also. i keep them in my glove box of my car because it never fails if i stop for drive through it ends up on my shirt. Now i do not eat drive through much but i keep them in my car still because if i get anything on me i can use the wipe and not worry about the stain when i get home.

bjb

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Talking about the scent stories reminded me, don't buy the Glade wisp, it sucks! You can only smell it if you're 2 feet away.
    Thanks, i just cut out a coupon for that, good to know before i waste my money on it that it isnt very good...

+ Reply to Thread