+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

somewhere around here I asked about Mederma a while back and John said his wife used it and was happy with the results - but I think he said she used it on some old surgery scarring.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I love Paul Mitchell's "The Conditioner"; it's a leave in conditioner that you put on your wet hair before combing and it's not heavy or greasy. In fact, I use the residue as a lotion. Great moisturizer for heat dryed and styled hair.
    I used to use Paul Mitchell's leave on conditioner, but haven't used it in quite a while.

I've seen the commercial for Pantene's "Overnight Repair Intensive Treatment". Has anyone used this product, and if so, were you happy/unhappy with the results? I've always loved Pantene's products and was just curious about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by eny

This stuff is amazing. Cleans up the soap scum etc without the bad fumes of the usual cleaners. In fact I think it works a little better. From the oxyclean people.
    I'm going to get some of this to try. I can't remember the brand I usually use but when used with other bathroom cleaners the fumes are lethal. I know, I know, the directions say not to mix products but I figure that only applies to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I think I'll try that Ineeda! I have very thick curly hair that tangles easily, and I'm always trying things out on it.
    Texi, have you ever read the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. Great book for those with curly hair. You may get some strange looks when you say you never use shampoo, but it has worked wonders for my hair following her advice.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by eny

This stuff is amazing. Cleans up the soap scum etc without the bad fumes of the usual cleaners. In fact I think it works a little better. From the oxyclean people.
    Thanks eny. I have asthma and the fumes always bother me. I have seen this product at the store and will get some next time.

I just bought some Kaboom at Lowes, and cleaned my shower with it. It still has fumes, but not nearly so bad. And it seemed to work pretty darn well.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I know, I know, the directions say not to mix products but I figure that only applies to other people.
    You need to be really careful when you do that, god knows what you're making when you mix stuff. My parents used to mix bleach with ammonia when trying to clean really tough stains, little did they know they were making chlorine gas

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    You need to be really careful when you do that, god knows what you're making when you mix stuff. My parents used to mix bleach with ammonia when trying to clean really tough stains, little did they know they were making chlorine gas
    I was making a little joke. I would never mix anything together, but once I was using 2 different cleaners on the tub- one for the basin and one for the tiles above. The tile gunk dripped down and mixed with the tub cleaner and I had to clear the whole house out!

JR.
    Ah, good Dinahann. There is some really nasty stuff in household cleaners that most folks don't realize

Jeez, this is like a PSA

Has anyone used 'Shout Action Gel' for laundry stains? It comes in an orange little trigger spray bottle.This stuff works like magic. There hasn't been a stain that it couldn't remove, yet.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread