+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

december - it was for both. You know how they tell you to test anything in an inconspicuous place, most people don't do that so they don't realize that it's actually eating away at their varnish on the floor. As we just installed new floors & my db took such time to stain and varnish them properly we're not taking any chances. I'm taking the tip from another FORTer from pages back and drilling a hole in the bottom of the container and refilling it with vinegar & water. It's the best cleaner anyway!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    I would not recommend the razor Intuition. It has the soap around the razor blade. I did not like it and it gave me some serious razor burn.
    I saw your post just as I was going to put one up that I LOVE my Intuition razor! It's the only method I've ever used on the bikini area that doesn't give me razor burn, and it's much easier to shave my legs in the shower.

I suppose it's one of those things that works for some and not for others.

FORT Fan
    Thanks djgirl - that would explain why the floor looks dull.... the darn thing just worked so well on my kitchen floor which is tile..........and since it's such a pain to do the hardwood floor I thought it would be great for it.....

One product I am in love with is Ortho Home Defense indoor insect killer spray. It is safe to use around food, kids and pets, and kills on contact, and does not smell bad. It has a strong scent, but I'd still say it is a scent, not smell/odor. Or should I say it does not smell poisonous like other sprays. The weather is so warm here that we still get bugs, and the spray is in almost daily use. (Sometimes I wonder why I pay for professional spraying when I still get tiny ants crawling around...??) It works on all bugs I have encountered so far (ants, flies, roaches...).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I'd like to warn agains this product: The Belkin Tunecast transmitter. You hook up your ipod or other mp3 player to in and it sends out an audio signal that you can pick up on your car radio. The problem is, that the car charger it comes with doesn't work, and it goes through a set of batteries in two hours. Furthermore it _only_ comes on automatically and you can't use the on/off button to turn it off and on manually. I'd love to find a way to hook up my Dell DJ to my car audio system, any ideas?

NOT RECOMMENDED:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=166903

Blondie Girl - from a few pages back - for tangly hair...Johnson & Johnson's No More Tangles spray. You'll find it in the baby section if it's not in the hair section. I used this on my kids every day when they were little and passed the tip to my sister who thanks me almost daily. Works on adult hair, too.
    Count your blessings!

I love this thread! Went out and bought the Magic Eraser and love

I am blushing about this question but it has been bothering me for months now....I have really awful looking stretch marks and saw an ad on tv for something...I think it was called Mederma but not sure. Does anyone have any recommendations to make stretch marks fade some? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Blondie Girl - from a few pages back - for tangly hair...Johnson & Johnson's No More Tangles spray. You'll find it in the baby section if it's not in the hair section. I used this on my kids every day when they were little and passed the tip to my sister who thanks me almost daily. Works on adult hair, too.
    My husband has really curly hair, which he hates. He has used this for a long time. It straightens his hair out till he can spray it down or whatever he does to it.

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    I love this thread! Went out and bought the Magic Eraser and love

I am blushing about this question but it has been bothering me for months now....I have really awful looking stretch marks and saw an ad on tv for something...I think it was called Mederma but not sure. Does anyone have any recommendations to make stretch marks fade some? Thanks
    I have heard that Mederma doesn't work any better than plain old Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E.
    America- love it or leave it!

eny
    FORT Fogey

This stuff is amazing. Cleans up the soap scum etc without the bad fumes of the usual cleaners. In fact I think it works a little better. From the oxyclean people.

+ Reply to Thread