+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Is that an underwater camera, John?
    Is there even such a thing?

ouch John, that was a very expensive trip to the bathroom.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Very fancy John, very fancy indeed. Makes my little Nokia look like a relic from another era.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    ...and had some features I really wanted.
    So you'll be text messaging like mad?

Cool phone - now we expect lots of photos.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Angel boy
    Nice phone, John. DID YOU ADD INSURANCE THIS TIME?
    America- love it or leave it!

The Febreze Scentstories player

WOW!!!!

I am so happy with this product - if you are in to candles/incense etc., you must buy this product (I hear that you can get one at Sams with 3 discs but I haven't verified this).

Anyway, I got mine at Wal-mart for around $32 and it came with a disc (the mountain one). It didn't take long for me to realize that I had bought one of the best things ever.

Good points
    1. If you have a disc in the machine, all you have to do is press play and walk away. No clean up, no looking for lighters, no worrying about fire hazards, etc.

2. Variety. Each disc as 5 scents and I really haven't found any that are foul smelling (you know, you have your favorites and some are just OK but nothing gross although I'm sure some would disagree with me). I'll rate the discs at the end of this post.

3. Time. Each disc plays for 2 1/2 hours, multiple times. I still have the disc that came with the player and although light in smell, it still works.

4. Powerful. Although some of the scents are light, some of the scents are like WOW that's strong (which I like that). It also has a high/medium/low intensity setting (mine is on high) and the effects are immediately noticeable.

Bad points

1. I'm still trying to figure out "step 2" for preparing the disc to insert into the player. It says something about breaking a tab and I still haven't found this tab even after showing it to my sweetie. Nothing. I guess I'm kinda hoping that Febreze quit making whatever tab thingy they listed in "step 2" but who knows - my machine still works.

2. Some of the scents and entire discs are really light - you can smell them when you come back in to the room but not so much if your sitting around in the general vacinity of the machine.

3. I noticed yesterday that one of my discs looked like it was sitting rather odd in the machine - almost at a slight angle but it still worked. I just shrugged and said oh well as long as it works.

Discs

Exploring a Mountain Trail - green disc (Rating: A+)
    WOW!!!! This is my favorite disc (especially #5, I think it's gardenias I'm smelling but I'm not sure).

Wandering barefoot on the shore - blue disc (Rating: B)
    This is a good disc but I don't think I've paid enough attention to it. This is my sweetie's favorite.

Strolling through the garden - red disc (Rating: B+)
    The majority of these scents are strong and a couple of them may run you out of the room. Overall pleasant.

Relaxing in the hammock - purple disc (Rating: B)
    I believe the majority of these scents are light but the disc is pleasant.

Shades of Vanilla - tan/orange disc (Rating: B-)
    The majority of the scents are too light but I did the leave the room and come back thing and it was a pleasant background scent. One or two may be a little stronger but this disc is growing on me.

Celebrate the holidays - ?
    I haven't been able to find this disc. BUT I can't WAIT!!!!

Overall, I would never give my machine up and I'm very happy.

P.s. Go to www.scentstories2.com for coupons, more info, etc.

One more thing!

I just left the website and I found an answer to my "step 2" problem. Here's the answer:

Question
    The instructions say to remove the plastic tab before using, but my disc doesn't have a plastic tab. Why not?

Answer
    To make it easy to use, we already removed the plastic tab from the Scentstories disc. But we didn’t have time to change the instructions before we shipped the product. So, to use the disc, just pull the foil freshness seal and you’re ready to go!
    Last edited by anitavacation; 10-27-2004 at 11:25 AM.

I use the Intuition razor all the time and absolutely love it - I won't use anything else.

My db is a construction project manager and was just emailed a company wide warning about using Swiffer Wet-Jet's on natural hardwood floors. The solution will eat away the finish on your hardwood floors.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    I use the Intuition razor all the time and absolutely love it - I won't use anything else.

My db is a construction project manager and was just emailed a company wide warning about using Swiffer Wet-Jet's on natural hardwood floors. The solution will eat away the finish on your hardwood floors.

There is a solution that is supposed to be made for hardwood floors by Swiffer that I use on mine with the Swiffer Wet-Jet, does it say that it's just the regular solution or both?

Thanks, charlottej, imajunkie, and ineedalife! Maybe I'll try Resolve in one room, Oxykick in another, and Folex in the third and get back to you with the results.

Anitavacation, I've never heard of Febreze Scentstories - hmmm, maybe something else to add to my shopping list!

I think there was some talk about these a while ago on here.....seems like a good idea to me. I remember thinking this might be a great idea in particular for Jewelsy, so she wouldn't have to worry about a candle getting out of hand? I'll pm her about it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread