+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Oh, and I dropped my cellphone in the toilet tonight (it was clean, luckily), so I may have to get another one of those tomorrow if it doesn't turn on.
    I just read an article on busted cell phones yesterday, and you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiplinger
    (apparently, a common hazard is a high dive from a man's shirt pocket into the toilet).
    http://www.kiplinger.com/magazine/ar...9/replace.html
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Yeah, I'm not terribly keen on continuing to use the phone, even if it ends up working. But if it at least functions, I can make up some more plausible excuse about why I need to trade it in than "I dropped it in the toilet, and now it won't turn on"
    I'm still trying to figure out why you had your cellphone while you were standing over the toilet.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Does anyone know of a really good conditioner? My hair has so many snarlys and snaggles. It takes me so much time and so many hairs pulled out to even get a brush through it! :rolleyes
    I love Paul Mitchell's "The Conditioner"; it's a leave in conditioner that you put on your wet hair before combing and it's not heavy or greasy. In fact, I use the residue as a lotion. Great moisturizer for heat dryed and styled hair.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I'm still trying to figure out why you had your cellphone while you were standing over the toilet.
    Broadway beat me to it......that's exactly what I was thinking, as well as, do your phonemates know you take care of other 'business' while talking on the phone?!?!? Just teasing, John.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Well, I wasn't actually ON it at the time. But I carry my phone in my back pocket of my jeans, and y'all can imagine the rest. Or not, it doesn't bother me

Angel boy
    John, if you carry insurance on your cell phone, it will cover "water damage". Usually it is a $35 deductible and you get a new phone. Also, if you remove the battery from the back of the phone and place the phone on top of your fridge for a day or so, the heat will dry it out without damaging any of the components further.
    America- love it or leave it!

I'll try the fridge thing. It may be too late. Right after I did it, while it was still wet, it would turn on but not really function. Today, it won't even turn on.

I just got back from our Verizon store, and it's turning into an expensive swan-dive. It's going to be around $200 for me to replace the phone I've got. I really should think about insurance, I'm terribly hard on phones. But I didn't buy one - they are sending me to another store that has a bigger selection and a little bit better prices, but it's about 40 miles away. A trip for tomorrow, since I'm headed that way anyway.

Thise Swiffer vacs are amazing, bjb. I highly recommend you get one. My wife loves it. The vacuum is pretty powerful for such a small thing, and it's easy to clean up. We have a dog and cat, who both shed like crazy, and cleaning up the bedrooms, bathrooms, and kicthen with it (which all have laminate or linoleum flooring) is a breeze.
    This is great info and great timing, we were looking Friday for a vac that would be good on bare floors and i did not find what i really wanted so i told my bf. "Let's wait a week and look again next week when we are out and then i will pick one for sure." Now i can go get one of these and he will be so surprised when i pick something fast . He hates shopping with me because if i don't find what i want i will wait and then he has to go shopping again... lol. He hates shopping period, he is one of those guys that if He goes to Walmart for underwear he can go straight to underwear and pick what he wants in less then one minute and then go straight up to the check outs and buy them and leave. i can not just go to Walmart and buy one thing and leave.

bjb

I just got back from our Verizon store, and it's turning into an expensive swan-dive. It's going to be around $200 for me to replace the phone I've got. I really should think about insurance, I'm terribly hard on phones. But I didn't buy one - they are sending me to another store that has a bigger selection and a little bit better prices, but it's about 40 miles away. A trip for tomorrow, since I'm headed that way anyway.
    Why not try Radio Shack John? I just switched to Verizon on Saturday and went into the Verizon store, but they had very little to choose from. A friend turned me on to Radio Shack who works with Verizon. I'm usually pretty frugal when it comes to my cell phone needs (go for the freebie ); however, I ended up purchasing a Kiasera (sp?) slide phone. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles (no camera or games, etc.) but it's pretty cool in an Inspector Gadget kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I love Paul Mitchell's "The Conditioner"; it's a leave in conditioner that you put on your wet hair before combing and it's not heavy or greasy. In fact, I use the residue as a lotion. Great moisturizer for heat dryed and styled hair.
    I think I'll try that Ineeda! I have very thick curly hair that tangles easily, and I'm always trying things out on it.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread