+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Sounds good to me, my bathroom just had a thorough cleaning and new paint so it just needs to be kept up now. i work tomorrow so i will pick some up... i work at Wal-Mart so it makes it easy to do my shopping before i come home.

Thanks everyone for the info...

bjb

I have 2 new items to discuss for the FORTers' consumers reports...

1) Swiffer Vac. This handy little $30 item is a vacuum and swiffer dry pad all in one. And it rocks on hard floors. Seriously, get one. We've bought 4, for family members.

2) Just bought a new 5.8gHz cordless phone. It has an extra handset, and that handset doesn't need to be plugged into a jack, just the outlet for recharging. We can transfer calls from one to the other, and best of all, it's super-clear. Some people don't know this, but 2.4gHz cordless phones are staticky if you have DSL, even if you're using the filters. Only $60 at Target. Not a bad deal at all.

Oh, and I dropped my cellphone in the toilet tonight (it was clean, luckily), so I may have to get another one of those tomorrow if it doesn't turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Some people don't know this, but 2.4gHz cordless phones are staticky if you have DSL, even if you're using the filters.
    That explains a LOT about my stupid cordless phone.
    I'm laughing at the idea of you retrieving that cell, though. Sure you still want to put it to your ear, even if it works?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Bluejeanbaby, I bought those magic erasers after reading about them on here, and I agree with the other posters, they are fabulous! I use them on counters, walls, stove, everything. What I particularly like about them is that you don't have to spray anything -- Fantastic, 409, all that stuff smells so strong, it almost gags me -- with these you just wet and go.
    i was going to talk about the magic erasers. my white screen door was black by the handle (thanks to dirty little hands) i tried everything to get it off and a swipe of the magic eraser and it was gone!! also, if you have artists in your house that like to draw on the walls...it is so wonderful!
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Just bought a new 5.8gHz cordless phone. It has an extra handset, and that handset doesn't need to be plugged into a jack, just the outlet for recharging. We can transfer calls from one to the other, and best of all, it's super-clear. Some people don't know this, but 2.4gHz cordless phones are staticky if you have DSL, even if you're using the filters. Only $60 at Target. Not a bad deal at all.

Oh, and I dropped my cellphone in the toilet tonight (it was clean, luckily), so I may have to get another one of those tomorrow if it doesn't turn on.
    I just bought a 5.8ghz cordless with a dual handset as well (from Target even). I love it and all of its functions. We can't add any phone jacks inside our house (no crawl space or attic) unless we want to rip apart all of our beautiful plaster walls. This great little phone solved our problem and now we have a phone in the office and one wherever we want to put it!

Regarding the cell phone, I had this happen and it dried out in about 24 hours. Never felt the same about talking into it thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    That explains a LOT about my stupid cordless phone.
    I'm laughing at the idea of you retrieving that cell, though. Sure you still want to put it to your ear, even if it works?
    Yeah, I'm not terribly keen on continuing to use the phone, even if it ends up working. But if it at least functions, I can make up some more plausible excuse about why I need to trade it in than "I dropped it in the toilet, and now it won't turn on"

The primary reason I wanted the second handset is that I frequently (at least daily) have long conference calls. The phone in my office is a corded phone, and the old cordless was too staticky to use for conference calls. This one has a headset plug, and a belt clip, so I can clip it, and wander around doing the things I need to do while listening dutifully to my conference calls each day.

Mind sharing what brand of phone it is? I am looking for a new phone and preferably a 5.8 ghz.

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 new items to discuss for the FORTers' consumers reports...

1) Swiffer Vac. This handy little $30 item is a vacuum and swiffer dry pad all in one. And it rocks on hard floors. Seriously, get one. We've bought 4, for family members.
    Thanks, i have been wondering about that one. We have all hardwood and vinyl flooring in our house and i think that is just the thing for us...

bjb

Thise Swiffer vacs are amazing, bjb. I highly recommend you get one. My wife loves it. The vacuum is pretty powerful for such a small thing, and it's easy to clean up. We have a dog and cat, who both shed like crazy, and cleaning up the bedrooms, bathrooms, and kicthen with it (which all have laminate or linoleum flooring) is a breeze.

The phone is a Uniden, which is a cheapie, but for $60, it's a good deal. I couldn't find a picture of it, but this is the same model (only this one has a built-in answering machine, which we don't need because we have voicemail - and the phone has a voicemail indicator, too!). http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0001W9IJG

+ Reply to Thread