+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Had to ressurect this thread because I have made a wonderful discovery. The older I get, the dryer my skin has become. In the last few years (I'm 53), my face has been so very dry. I have had this constant problem with my facial skin drying, flaking, peeling......I have slathered lotion on constantly, have used the least-drying cleansing products I could find, and my face still seemed to be in dire straits. Well, 10 days ago, a trial-size tube of Olay Daily Regenerating Serum came with my daily newspaper, so I gave it a try. Unbelievably, my trouble with dry skin immediately dissipated. I have used it every night now for 10 days, and I cannot believe the difference. I have always been very suspicious of expensive products aimed at older women claiming to stave off the time monster, but I have to admit this stuff is great for dry skin. The trial tube I got is .23 fl oz, and I still have at least 2-3 days worth in there. I paid almost $20 for a 1.7 fl oz bottle/vial. Ordinarily, I would never pay that much for a lotion, but given how little I need to use, it should last a little over 2 months. I use about 8-10 drops for my entire face, every night.....it is amazing.

So, if anyone has trouble with dry skin, I say try this product. It's no wonder they're giving trial samples away, I never would have considered buying it before trying it out first.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Great Thread, i am so glad someone bumped it up. i have wondered about those magic erasers and they always have coupons in the paper, but i just kept thinking my kids are too old to write on the walls now and why didn't they have those when they were smaller. i did not know all the other things they could be used for. i think i will get some next time i am shopping...

bjb

Bluejeanbaby, I bought those magic erasers after reading about them on here, and I agree with the other posters, they are fabulous! I use them on counters, walls, stove, everything. What I particularly like about them is that you don't have to spray anything -- Fantastic, 409, all that stuff smells so strong, it almost gags me -- with these you just wet and go.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That will be great for me, i have asthma and so many of those strong smelling products will set me right to weasing... i just can not use some of them at all without setting off a full blown attack. Something that i do not have to spray anything will be wonderful for me. They have two different kinds of the magic erasers now.

bjb

BJB, the magic erasers even take out scuff marks on vinyl and linoleum flooring, and off wood. A godsend for me, since I have wooden stair railings (painted white) and they are always getting scuffed up. The magic eraser takes them off nooooo problem. My kiddies have alphabet magnets that they play with on my (white) refrigerator, and the erasers can even remove the marks the magnets make.

And I agree with Charlotte - Dove deodorant is the best.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    That will be great for me, i have asthma and so many of those strong smelling products will set me right to weasing... i just can not use some of them at all without setting off a full blown attack. Something that i do not have to spray anything will be wonderful for me. They have two different kinds of the magic erasers now.

bjb
    I have asthma too bjb. I absolutely love the magic erasers. I just found them a couple of weeks ago, but already need some more.

This is a great thread!!

i agree, Dove deodorant is the best. i always used degree until i got a sample size of the Dove last year. Ever since i use the Dove.

How long can you use one of the erasers? i mean can you clean a whole lot with one or would it be like the bathroom wipe things and i would use three or four to clean the bathroom?

Catt i did not know you had asthma too... How long have we known each other and we are learning allot more about each other on this board?

I know what you mean......I guess that just shows the difference between here and there

Is your asthma very bad? I had it really bad as a child, but only get it occasionally now...bleach and cleaner fumes, changes in the weather, stress.

I got a 2 pack and used it all in one day cleaning the bathroom and shower (soap scum..yuk), scuff marks, etc.

Last winter mine was really bad, i had about 20 attacks in a week, thought i would have to break down and go to the Dr. But it only did that for about 3 weeks by the time i got fed up and decided to find a Dr it quit. Normally mine is like you said bad fumes will set it off, stress, weather changes too fast.

i will have to get a big pack of the erasers until i see how much i can use one.. then i can better know how long they will last.

t

BJB out of a 4 pack of the Magic Erasers I got one full cleaning of a 1 bedroom apartment. The bathroom was the biggest use of one, it took nearly two of them for that...but oh to see the shiny non spotted tiles around the tub so easily It's so worth it!

+ Reply to Thread